Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What is your guinea pigs' favourite toy?

• Thread starter Myspoiltpiggies
  • Start date

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I have seventeen guinea pigs, but they all still seem to have completely different interests. Isabel is in love with fiddlesticks, she hops on and off them all the time. Rosie loves to hide in fiddlesticks. Erin & Emmy are fond of hay balls (don't know what they are called really, they are like a ball made out of hay with holes at either side. Chico loves to sit on your lap. But I think their biggest interest is just to EAT! I've been noting down what each piggy likes so I can make sure they have one in the new c&c cages when I get them hehehe. I want them to be as happy as possible.

Teria

Cavy Slave
Bonnie loves investigating everything new in the cage, and her favourite spot is the roof of the towel house. Sydney loves hiding in the cat basket and Gobi under the hay rack. Zirbel loves chasing everypiggy out of their favourite spots and parking herself there. *G*

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
My pigs really enjoy bells, hidey houses, the treat ball and blankets to hide under. Shaggy had this little stuffed toy he would cuddle, he seemed to enjoy that.

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
Right now I have Summer snoozing in a cuddle cup with a fleece blanket.. so cute!

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
Cinnamon and Coco don't have a ton of toys but Cinnamon loves to flip over their two pigloos. I will put them back and he will go right inside and flip it again! Its hilarious!

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
The hay ball thing you were on about could be a Roll-A-Nest. My pigs have similar-yet-different interests, if you know what I mean. Charlie loves anything cosy, like a heap of blankets or his cuddle-cup. Tuppence likes anything soft and cosy. Also she loves pigloos, especially pigloos on the top level (she has been known to go in one on the upper level and not come out for over 2 hours!). Tuppy also adores her Chube, and both pigs love tunnels made out of newspapers.

lilipution1013

Cavy Slave
My piggies love jumping into their hay rack. And chasing each other around the cage. They never really show any interest in toys, except tunnels... Guinness loves her tunnels. She comes out of them popcorning and making happy noises. Lol. Cali apparently hates Hidey Houses because she only seems to sleep curled up in a ball in a corner of the cage. It's so adorable.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Bubba's favorite thing is a little blue mouse (cat toy). He picks it up, throws it, drags it into his house and sleeps with it.
Chatty's favorite things are paper bags of any size.
Moppy's favorite thing are tunnels.
CoCo's favorite thing isn't a toy but bossing everyone around and kicking them out of houses.
Cherrybelle's favorite thing are cavy caves.
The pup's favorite thing is this little bird toy that has a mirror and a bell on it. Patch runs up to it and sits there ringing the bell over and over and of course his brother and sister have to come see what's going on and they are now ringing the bell too. Patch's other favorite thing is to go on a popcorning spree. He will popcorn for hours at a time it seems.

TurboPiggy

Cavy Slave
I caught Scooter playing catch with himself last night. He would pick up a small block, throw it, go get it, throw it again. It was too cute.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Simon's favorite thing is the Timber Hide-A-Way, which was been dubbed The Love Shack.

Maia and Amelia's favorite thing is the cuddle cup.

Nova's favorite thing is the pigloo, which she sits on top of.

Cali's favorite thing is the pigloo, to sit in for long periods of time. She also likes the litter box.

Ashley's Gurl

Cavy Slave
lindsey's boys said:
My pigs really enjoy bells, hidey houses, the treat ball and blankets to hide under. Shaggy had this little stuffed toy he would cuddle, he seemed to enjoy that.

My pig likes most of those things like, bells, hidey houses, and blankets to hide under. I think she likes to eat and sleep best of all though!

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Kero's favourite toy during floor time is a hamster sized run about ball with a cat jingly ball inside. He had a hard time pushing the cat ball by itself.

His favourite in cage toy/companion is Mr.Hedgie. His sow scented stuffed animal (it's actually a soft squeaky dog toy)

Sakura's favourite things are her hammock, litter box and chatting with her boyfriend upstairs.

Tomoyo's favourite thing is Sakura. She's also quite fond of the pigloo now that she is not evicted from it every 10 seconds by Sakura. I've even seen them sleeping together in it now.

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I gave all of them big pieces of scrunched up paper and they just loved it. I was going out for about six hours so I thought it would be something for them to do. They hid under them and ate them hehehe! I saw loads of things I wanted to buy for them yesterday.. but I have to buy more toys gradually as they weren't cheap. They don't have a lot of toys, so by the time they get C&C cages they'll have loads. :-D Yesterday I bought a cuddle cup, and two wire treat balls that you hang from the ceiling. I can't attach them to the hutches so they have to wait till we have the grids until they can use them :-(

pennick

Cavy Slave
My piggies are not fond of toys. They enjoy new cuddle cups and hidey houses. They love investigating their cage for hidden treats. They at one time loved those fruit scented large cardboard tubes, they now lost interest in them.

Zeander

Cavy Slave
Mia's favorite toy is herself. She loves to run and popcorn more than anything.

RyanR

Cavy Slave
Mine like their ping pong ball. They play soccor and everything.

crittermom

Cavy Slave
I have a bird mirror, bell, and set of plastic keys hanging from the grid walls. Once in a while they'll nose these things, but not often or with much interest. Ben likes to perch on top of his pigloo to survey the room, and Jerry loves his chube. He has long since ripped the paper from the sides, and now uses it for lounging, chewing, and pushing around the cage with his nose.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.