Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What is wrong with these people? O_O

Setsuna

Cavy Slave
I was cleaning my room today, in teh process of moving a dresser out of there so i can rennovate the piggy cage, when one of my little sisters friends rang the doorbell. (for the record, she and her friends are about 12-14 years old)

ME: "Oh hi Rin!~ Awwwwwwww doggie!!!"

*Rin was standing there with this little white fluffy dog, but i immediately noticed that there was almost reddish black wetness around her eyes. I wondered if it was blood and kind of indescretely doted on the dog, trying to see if he was hurt.*

Rin: "Yeah. He's excited to be outside, he dosent get out much. Most of the time my dad throws him in the bathroom at home."

Me: " eh? Whys that?"

Rin: *shrugged* "Were lazy, im busy watching movies."

*I was petting the Pup all over and when i reachd under to rub his belly my stomach kind of dropped because i couldnt belive how thin he was, I picked him up and cuddled him, petting away and realizing how badly kept the poor little guy was*

Me: "Uh..Hes pretty skinny. Who feeds him at your house?"

Rin: " Umm.... I dont know."

Me: "Your little brother? Your mom?"

Rin: "No, and my moms too delacite, teh dog food is too gross and smelly for her so she wont touch it."

Me: " since when does anyonehave to touch it? you get a spoon and flop it in a bowel! Does your dad feed him?"

Rin: "I dont know.were all too busy."

Me: " Why dont YOU feed him?"

Rin: "Im lazy, Since im not going to school now Im watching movies all day. *laughs* Whenever i want to call someone they'r all at school"

Me: " Dont you think that with all that out of school time, that you could feed him???"

Rin: " I guess, yeah, maybe. "

*I was really shocked at how cold she was toward the poor dog, she didnt seem to care about it at all, she acted like it was a household toy, an annoyance. She never once petted him or anything. She even remarked once while i was cooing at him and petting "Wow he looks like hes smileing" like shed never even considered the idea of pleasing the little guy.

I was really quite in shock and had a hard time getting much out and finally she had to go and she said "I need to go because a friend is comeing over at 8, I'll watch something until she comes. Maybe i'll feed Macky when i get home."

I just dont get it. How can anyone be so blank?? Its like, isnt it common sense, most of animal care? if something is alive then dosent it probably need FOOD??? Would YOU liek being locked in a bathroom most of your life??? Dont you care about hurting the poor thing at ALL???

I swear im going to be much angrier when she comes back. I couldnt compose myself this time, i was just so flabbergatsed.

Seeing people like this makes me loose what little faith in humaniy i have left.

holli'smommy

Cavy Slave
That it a case of serious animal neglect. You could make a report about it and the animal investigators could go an dchekc it out. It sounds like the poor thing may die if something isn't done soon. If it got sick it would just stay sick because they probably wouldn't even notice. People today are teaching their kids to not have empathy for others and animals, it is sad. I am teaching mine from an early age that animals are just as important as humans. It sounds like this girls mom didn't do that.
It's frustrating because it does make you lose faith, but then remenber that there are others out there that do care and that not everyone is that cold hearted.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
I agree, report her, the poor doggy :( I knew that my pets needed food when I was 5. Grrr! This is really sad!

canadian girl

Cavy Slave
yes it is your job to look after the little guy by makeing a report so this puppy can get the help it needs poor thing

Setsuna

Cavy Slave
how do i do that? is there a number or a web site?

holli'smommy

Cavy Slave
There should be a phone number in your local phone book for animal control or something similiar. Or you can call your local police/sheriff's department and they may be able to help you.

candi

Cavy Slave
That poor dog :( I would definately report them. What country do you live in so we can help you report them?

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Out of curiosity why isn't that girl in school? She sounds like she needs all the education she can get if she doesn't know all animals need food (basic biology). Is she on break. But if she is on break why are all of her friends in school?

I'd rather play with my animals then watch some cruddy "blockbuster" anyday. There are only so many good movies out there. She'd run out of good movies really quick. Maybe you can give her a book (or even find a DVD) on puppy care.

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
Definitely report them. That poor dog! When I was kid I loved feeding the dog. I even made him a little menu card to post on the wall above his foodbowl.

Clearly that poor thing isn't even receiving basic care & should be removed. Why did they even get a dog in the first place?

Trixie

Cavy Slave
has anyone taken into consideration on what type of dog it is? Some dogs are naturally skinny. Also she might of wanted to look like this tough hot shot person. Who doesn't take care of her dog. Her I don't care attidude tells me she is just trying to look tough, and mean. There is several breeds of dogs that are normally skinny. Poodles,cockers, terreiors(sp), etc are all very thin dogs. Even Spitz are very thin. Mine that i had was always really thin. I took great care of her but no matter how well I took care of her she was very thin.

Anyway I would look into it first before you make any real asumpstions that there is animal abuse going on. Maybe go with your sis and pay a visit to the friends house. Take some doggie treats with you. Come up with a reason your there. Even a "I fell in love with your puppy and thought I would bring him/her some treats. Mind if I come in?"
Its a lot better to check out the situation before you jump into something they may or may not be true.
(just as a side note. Remember I work with kids and see this alot)

Setsuna

Cavy Slave
*nods* I know he was a small dog but ive seen dogs like that size and such that werent that thin. Only thing i can say that wasnt sad was that the dog looked clean enough.

And as for why shes not in school, she was sent to a hospital for teens who cut and attempted suicide and now that shes back in her house her mom dosent want to let her go to school for whatever reason.

I dont know if she wanted to look like a tough hot shot but i know that talking to her frazzles em sometimes. She dosent seem to understand why I made such a big cage or why Im so nice to her dog or anything. Shes very blank, cold and distant. She usually asks a million questions about thinsg i thought were common sense, and then laughs at my answer. I dont understand her at all. I will attempt to visit the dog. Maybe i'll bring a DVD for her to borrow and ask to borrow some of hers or something...

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
OMG report them. Next time she comes over with the dog keep the cam on hand and hurry snap a pic. REPORT them. I would right away. I did to my neighbors dog. They always run over to my yard to poop all over the place because they are too lazy to pick it up in their yard. I called to police and they stopped for awhile now they are doing it again. I am reporting to the animal conrol if it happens again.

Trixie

Cavy Slave
Sounds like this girl has a lot of problems. For sure check in to make sure everything she has told you is true. Like they say you can only cry wolf so many times before no one believes you anymore.

Ketus15

Cavy Slave
Trixie said:
Sounds like this girl has a lot of problems.

I agree. And she may be distant from the animals because she has her own internal issues going on. I suggest talking to an adult before assuming or reporting abuse.

Also, since this is a person your sister is spending time with, please talk with your concerns to your parents. Sometimes individuals that don't understand that animals have needs and feel pain have serious problems. Don't know what's exactly going on here, but your parents should be your first resource when things don't feel right.

Good luck.

Amanda
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Trixie

Cavy Slave
I was raised the same way. To be kind and gental to all living things. My brothers also. But I have a brother who would misstreat animals. Even though he was raised just the oposite of that.
Some people "Know" how to treat animals but just don't get the satisfaction of treating an animal nicely in some shape they themselves are not treated by others with the same respect. Animals are an easy target for misstreated kids and adults. This is unfortunate. But most kids who are raised the right way just can't understand why it is wrong. Expecially if someone is treating them wrong. Then in there minds they see it ok to treat another living things wrong. Its the "Do unto others as you would have them Do unto you".

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
Just because she has no clue who or when it's fed dosen't mean it's not fed.
Ask my kids when I last fed the pig's and they'd probally tell you 2 month's/year's ago!

If it is well fed and not gaining weight, I'd be taking it to the vet. It might have severe worm's or something sucking any nutrition from it's body. Maybe you should go directly to the adult owner of the dog and tell them your worrie's. Do they have any other dog's that may be hogging the food? This is why speaking to them 1st is good, there may be a reason for it no one's thought of yet.
Then if they do nothing, report them to the authorities. And I wouldn't wait too long, If it's as starved as you have lead us to believe, time is of the essence.

Faunn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Ketus15

Cavy Slave
I think the best option in this situation is to tell your parents and ask them to evaluate the situation. It is best for adults to speak with adults. Not fair, but true none the less.

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
What happened with this dog?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.