Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

WHat is this??

Sweet Pea

Cavy Slave
I am introducing my three piggies together after the new girl went threw Quarantine etc and she is a healthy girl. Well they are all in their play area together and my Lucille started having white liquid like Milk coming from her eyes. That has NEVER happened before. Can anyone tell me what this might be?

Thank you

cookie_gal

Cavy Slave
Most likely from when she was cleaning her face. Just double check there is nothing in her eyes and that it doesn't continue.

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
It is most likely just the cleaning fluid pigs secrete to clean their eyes and face, or get something out if it is in there (a piece of bedding or such). However, it could be something else, so keep an eye on her, and if you keep seeing a lot of the fluid and it doesn't stop, take her to a vet. It may some type of infection, like a URI. As long as her eyes are clear, and not crusty, cloudy, or watery, I think it's probably just cleaning fluid. Just keep an eye on her!

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I am introducing my three piggies together after the new girl went threw Quarantine etc and she is a healthy girl. Well they are all in their play area together and my Lucille started having white liquid like Milk coming from her eyes. That has NEVER happened before. Can anyone tell me what this might be?

Thank you

Was it just before or after she washed herself? If so, it's a grooming fluid that comes from just below the eye and is completely normal.

Sweet Pea

Cavy Slave
Yeah did wipe her face before hand. I have just never seent hat before. Her eyes are clear . I will keep an eye one her. On a side note the introduction is going very well a little chattering a little nose kissing and nowCaramel and Lucille are laying beside Holly I will post some pic after.

Thank you so much for the help.

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
It is also possible that Lucille was the unfortunate victim of a pee squirt from one of the other girls. Or, she may have been cleaning her face because of all the introduction behavior and it made the cleaning fluid more noticeable to you.
Just keep an eye on her :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.