Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C What is the best way to use a gpc loft?

jhanshaw

Cavy Slave
I am wondering what is the best way to use a loft I bought from gpc....I live in Canada so I need to justify the purchase (shipping). I was planning to use it as a loft but we are struggling to catch the piggies.

So right now we have a 2x3 with a 1x3 second level kitchen. Options are cutting it down a wee bit and use it as a bunk bed...
adding it to the loft to make an L shape 4 grids long(it would over hang but we have lots of grids to build cubes underneath for shortage.)
or adding it to the bottom floor to make a 2x4 but I would have to cut the walls of my existing coroplast base as they are higher... And sew an addition on my piggy bedspread fleece.

so much work either way i guess lol! I just want to use it in the most beneficial way I can for our piggies!

guinnymom23

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I would use it as a loft, it comes with the ramp still right? Last year when I had 5 girls, the loft was their kitchen, so if I went to the cage they would automatically run up to see if I was bringing food which would allow me to "catch" them quite easily.

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
You could also fill the loft with shavings and add it onto the bottom level to be a litter-box or kitchen. I also like your bunkbed idea.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.