Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning What is the best way to clean wood houses and tunnels?

Annmarie

Cavy Gazer
I just adopted 2 new girls and I need to clean my current herds scent off of the wood houses and wood tunnels. Is there a good way to do this or do I need to just buy all new houses? I only have 1 plastic pigloo and 7 wood houses. I would hate to just throw them away. Any advice?

lissie

Cavy Slave
You can scrub them with dish detergent and vinegar, rinse with water, and let them dry in the sun or bake in the oven at 180 for an hour.

Annmarie

Cavy Gazer
You can scrub them with dish detergent and vinegar, rinse with water, and let them dry in the sun or bake in the oven at 180 for an hour.

Great, thank you. since it is only 50 degrees here I will try and bake in the oven.

lissie

Cavy Slave
You're welcome. I forgot to mention, don't leave them unattended. We don't want wood houses burning in your oven. ;)

WheekingPiggies

Cavy Slave
I was just about to ask this question, so imagine my surprise when I logged onto the forum and found my question had just been answered! I'm so glad I don't have to throw away Spice's wooden house when the new piggy comes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.