Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy What Have You Caught Your Piggies Doing?

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Funny things, weird things, things you frowned upon, things that made you angry, etc..

__

Yesterday and the day before I caught Big Sis' in her grid Hay Manger..... YES, in it. It is about 5 inches above the ground.
____

Finding wood shavings on the fleece from SOMEPIGGY chewing on their hidey!

oh no... bad piggie..

My Chip is always jumping in and out of his hay rack to hide from me. He's a smart piggy! That's the only place in the whole cage I can't pick him up from.

I've caught Fiyero chewing a hole in his fleece before, which made me angry but when I yelled his name he just froze and cocked his head to the side as if to say "but why can't I chew the fleece mommy?" So I couldn't stay mad.

Princeton is quite the adventurer and every time I have him out on my bed he will crawl under my blankets and begin to popcorn. Him and Seymour also do this sometime with the blankets in their cage. They pull them off the cage sides and crawl under them, which scared me cause I don't want them to suffocate, but then all I see are these little popcorning blob moving underneath the blankets and I have to smile as I get them out.

Also, all my piggies like listening to music and they each have their favorite bands that make them rumble and squeak. Princeton likes anything with a good dance beat, Seymour likes more mellow signer/song writer music and Chip and Fiyero both enjoy the Beatles.

I have some very amusing piggies =D

Amy and Borat are finally off quarantine, but they can't be completely together for obvious reasons (don't want Am-Bor babies). I've moved their cages close together, and now they get play time in one giant grid playpen with a middle divider so they can have limited contact.

I was giving them a carrot as a special treat, and they were both at the outer wall of the pen, on either side of the divider. I handed Borat his piece first, and before I could give one to Amy, she reached over and somehow grabbed Borat's piece right out of this mouth! I'm still not quite sure how she did it, but he was right up against the grid so she was able to reach it. Poor Borat just stood there like, "Uh, what just happened?"

Now that they can see and interact with each other, I'm experiencing rumble strutting for the first time too. I love it! However, what I did NOT love was my first whiff of boar stank. Ugh.

Once I caught one of the piggies I had before Olive jumping off of the cage. She just stay froze like "you didn't see me!"

I gave Rory some bedding fluff one time. He started moving it around with his mouth, which I assumed was because he was spreading it out so he could lay in it, but nope - he started eating it. I managed to pull most of it out of his mouth but I think he swallowed some anyway. I took the rest of it out of his cage and didn't bother with it again.

He also really likes to hide underneath his fleece blankets. So he'll be laying on the floor with the blanket on top of him.

Calvin is my jumper. During floor time I used to put the grids next to a low lego station to use it as a wall. I herd a noise and turned around to see Calvin lounging on top of the table. Mind you he cleared the height of the grids to get up there. When he is "done" with floor time he simply jumps out and waits for me to put him back in his cage. Silly piggy. This is why floor time here always has to be supervised.

Funny things, weird things, things you frowned upon, things that made you angry, etc..

__

Yesterday and the day before I caught Big Sis' in her grid Hay Manger..... YES, in it. It is about 5 inches above the ground.
____

Finding wood shavings on the fleece from SOMEPIGGY chewing on their hidey!

You should seal off the sides of the hay manger so she can't climb in there. It's very dangerous. They can break a toe, foot or leg in there if they catch it in there.

i cut up a fleece blanket and put it in the cage setting it up like a forest that i read about yesterday and it was so cute the way they kept running back and forth i wonder if it was the feel of it on their backs. also whenever i take sunshine the youngest one out of the cage and pet her she lays on her back like a dog for you to rub her stomach

You should seal off the sides of the hay manger so she can't climb in there. It's very dangerous. They can break a toe, foot or leg in there if they catch it in there.

I know that and if it becomes anymore of a problem I will fix it.

My pig Lilly insists on trying to kiss my dog on the nose! Lilly chases her (My pig) from the inside of her playpen for floor time~

Well if I ever put a grid tunnel in the cage or something like a grid support for a loft Marie goes to town chewing on it and does bitter apple stop her? nope. One cute thing she does is when she is sitting on my shoulder sometimes she will lick my cheek like she is giving me kisses. Lizzie makes me laugh when she begs for her morning treat and makes me mad when she forces Marie out of the liter box/kitchen when she comes in with her hence why I have 2 litter boxes.

This morning before I left for school, I was hugging Rory and he climbed up my chest and touched his nose to my mouth like a little kiss. :)

Aww, that's cute! I can imagine a little piggie sat in a hay rack :)

A few years back my piggies were out in their run together and I was watching them and the weirdest thing happened. Broccoli tapped Carrot on the backside and he turned around and followed Broccoli. Then Carrot tapped Broccoli and he started to follow Carrot! They were walking around their run doing this several times before they decided to eat more grass. It was cute and strange because it looked like a game of tag! xD

I don't know if it counts, but lately when Holly gets in her plastic house, she sort of turns around to get the the back. It's hard to explain, but instead of going into the house and turning left to get to the farthest part of the house, she kind of creeps along the wall to get to it.

Last night i put Ekeko in her run, just on the living room floor with some newspaper for a bit of exercise. She skirted along the side of the run as if she was sizing it up and we joked that she looked like she was thinking of jumping out. Seconds later she just jumped right over the side and back into her cage. We were amazed, the run stands about a foot high, an impressive jump for such a tiny piggy! I checked her over to make sure she hadn't hurt herself but she was fine, guess she calls the shots on when floor time happens now!

Poppy had chewed a large hole in the bottom of his paper bag. I watched the paper bag walk around his run. :D

One time I put green peppers in Cheri's food bowl when she was expecting lettice... she got so excited ran over to the bowl... looked at the peppers... looked at me... then let out a huge shreak! She was so disapointed it wasn't extra dark lettice! I laughed so hard!!! She told me off, thats for sure!

This morning before I swept out, I shook out their cardboard tunnel, and their food bowl fell out of it.

ROFL I'm enjoying hearing these stories! Please do keep them coming. I can't wait until I can share with you all this fall in guinea pig antics, but in the mean time, I love hearing all of your stories!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.