Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding What do you use for your kitchen area?

beachgurl_1988

Cavy Slave
I have added a 1x2 loft to my cage, and I just love it...I am currently using some Carefresh up there, but what else can I use? $20/bag (for them and the hamster) is just too pricey for myself who has $200 in books alone to buy this Fall semester :mad:!

-Needs to be absorbent (durr)
-Cheap
-Won't get kicked everywhere..ie down the ramp

I know some people have used pellets etc.. what do you guys use for a kitchen area? Kinda wanted to stay away from Aspen bedding..

lissie

Administrator
Cavy Gazer
I use wood pellets in my kitchen area. If you add a lip to your coroplast tray on the loft, it will help keep the bedding more contained, and not roll down the ramp.

beachgurl_1988

Cavy Slave
Do you find the wood pellets are pretty absorbent?

I have a small lip on it, but it was more just a matter or poor cutting and a slip of the boxcutter than intentional. I will have to fashion a lip on it!

scarlettraven

Cavy Slave
I use a no name brand of Yesterday's News...it's absorbant, doesn't smell and I can scoop out the soiled parts without having to change the whole tray as they seem to do their business primarily in one corner (I change and clean the tray about 1-2 times a week).

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I have used Boxo before. It's similar to Carefresh, but not as expensive. It seems to compact more than Carefresh so I don't think it would get kicked out that much.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.