Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General what do you think?

pigpigpig

Cavy Slave
Hey, am new on this site and I have been looking at the c&c cages and I think they are great, all of my pigs are in store cages that are about 96 x 57 x 56 cm
However they are not inside their cages all day in the summer they go out in their runs in my yard and in the winter they run in my hall way at different times.
I don’t have the space for c&c cages, I have 5 males and 2 female....1 male in one cage....2 in another and 2 more in another then the female together I couldn’t even have one big c&c cage as the girls would get pregnant and I don’t think the males will get along.
So would you al say I am not treating my guinea pigs right? They have hay everyday...water...veggies....food they have everything they need.

Would you say that store cages are more work than c&c? Do store cages smell more?
What is the best bedding for them, this post is me just wanting to know what people think, and what the prefer
im in the UK so if people could tell me more about things that i can get from the UK that would be a big help

Many thanks

Well....I started off with a store bought cage. I now have a C&C cage. If that is what you can do right now and you are giving them floor time and attention and veggies and everything I think you are doing a good job. Maybe in a couple of months you will be able to get a c&C cage...can you go vertical and have that room for the piggies?

I'd suggest looking at as many pictures of C&C cages that people have done. Several of them are multi-level; so that you can have two living on top of three, say. Some of the pictures I've seen are downright inventive and inspiring in how to make so much of so little and the piggies look very happy to boot.

I think what's really special about C&C or building your own cage in general is providing the width that pet store cages simply don't. The width has shown that piggies that normally don't get along sometimes do, by virtue of the fact that they have more room to do laps and get away from each other.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.