Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Weight Loss what do you think the best scale to buy for weighing my pig?

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
Should i get one that is electric with high sides? Do they have those?
What scales do you have?
Any suggestions

This is the one I plan on getting: (broken link removed)

There are some good reviews and bad ones, and I know some users on here have that one, but I've never used it and (unfortunately) didn't really know weighing was important and necessary with my last pigs.

However, it was one of the cheaper ones ($20 vs others than were $35-40), seemed large enough to carefully place either a pig on or to be able to place a pig in a tray without it being at a huge risk of off balancing and falling off, and is very low to the ground so if it does tip, it will only fall 2 inches...Although, one of my pigs apparently liked jumping from greater heights, so I'm not sure if that would even bother them

I just use a cheap kitchen scale that I paid $5 for at Kmart. I use a large plastic salad bowl (only used for my pigs) that I set my pigs in on the scale. If you want something more high tech, go with a digital one. The important thing is to just monitor to check for weight loss which can indicate illness so I don't think an expensive one is necessary.

ok i didnt know which one to get that will work.

I use this one: (broken link removed). It works just fine for the job!

Anything big enough for a guinea pig. I don't really see much difference with the cheap ones and expensive ones. As long as they work and my pigs can comfortably sit on it, they're good to me. You don't necessarily need high walls, you can keep your pig in place by giving him food. It's not going to change the reading on the scale that much.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.