Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet What do you think about this brand

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
CareFRESH® Complete™ for Guinea Pigs features a high fiber, low protein diet, without excessive calcium. It’s also fortified with vitamin C, which guinea pigs can’t create on their own. The four main ingredients — Timothy hay, orchard grass, brome grass and alfalfa — are supplemented with powerful antioxidants that are critical to your guinea pig’s health.

Available in 2 lb. and 4.5 lb. bags

No artificial colors
No fillers
No animal by-products
Stabilized Vitamin C essential for the health of guinea pigs
Amino acids for healthy growth and development
Anise to support your pet’s immune system
Vitamins and trace minerals help support increased biological activity
Ingredients: Timothy Grass Hay, Orchard Grass Hay, Brome Grass Hay, Alfalfa Hay Suncured, Ground Corn (Source of Omega 6), Soybean Meal, Oat Groats, Wheat Mill Run, Ground Barley, Split Green Peas, Ground Peas, Carrot Dehydrated, Canola Meal, Yeast Culture, Yeast Extract (Source of 1, 3, 1, 6 Beta Glucans), Molasses, Salt, Sodium Bentonite, Lignin Sulfonate, Flax Seed (Source of Omega 3), Calcium Phosphate, L-Lysine, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source Of Vitamin C), Anise, Choline Chloride, Ground Limestone, DL-Methionine, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Magnesium Oxide, Ferrous Carbonate, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Niacin, Mixed Tocopherols (Source of Viatmin E), Iron Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Lecithin, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Magnesium Proteinate, Riboflavin Supplement, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Colbalt Carbonate, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Potassium Iodide, Thaimin Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hychloride, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein (min.) 13.0%
Crude Fat (min.) 2.25%
Crude Fiber (min.) 15.0%
Crude Fiber (max.) 20.0%
Moisture (max.) 12.0%
Calcium (min.) 0.5%
Calcium (max.) 0.6%
Phosphorus (min.) 0.4%
Salt (min.) 0.25%
Salt (max.) 0.75%
Vitamin A (min.) 5000 IU/lb.
Vitamin C (min.) 100 mg/lb.
Vitamin D (min.) 180 IU/lb.
Vitamin E (min.) 80 IU/lb.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids 0.15%
Omega 6 Fatty Acids 0.75%
Calorie Count: ME kcal/kg 2431, ME kcal/lb 1104
(Caloric values are calculated values “as fed�)

I have fed this food to my guinea pigs before. I feed them Oxbow now but it could be worse!

Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to read the list of ingrediants and tell you whether or not it's any good, but I will say buying in 2 lb or 4.5 lb increments is going to add up quickly.

How many piggies do you have?

From what I have seen of the food, it's a food mix rather than plain pellets. Plain pellets are always best.

I only have one guinea pig. thanks for input it was the best they had I could find at petco

Do you have a pet smart close to you? That's where I found my oxbow.

no Petco and tractor supply are the only available pet stores that I have found so far. Might have to order it from petsmart online have it shipped to me.

Try looking for a smallish Mom and Pop type pet shop, sometimes they will carry brands like Oxbow. Otherwise ordering online might be a good option. I can find Oxbow at a Petsmart here but only the adult version and all my piggies are under 6 months, so I have to get it from a local Mom and Pop store. If they weren't here I'd have to go online too. Good luck and no seeds. If it's got seeds in it it's automatically bad for them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.