Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What do you collect?

• Thread starter Field-of-Dreams
  • Start date

Field-of-Dreams

Cavy Slave
Besides piggies... :)

I collect model horses. Mostly Breyers, some Peter Stones, Hagen-Renakers, Beswicks, North Light and other pretty ones. I've been an addict for, um.... forty years. Got my first Breyer, "Misty" in 1972. A one point I *think* I had over 3000 models. I've cut way back and have sold off quite a few, now just keeping my favorites and adding four or so a year.

Check it out:

(broken link removed)

These are from a few years ago, before I started selling off some models.

me to you bears!:D

I've collected cast iron and aluminum nutcrackers for over 30 years and have over 100. My favorite is a hand held squirrel from Scotland made from gun metal. Most are on shelves in my kitchen that has a vaulted ceiling.... hard to get up there to dust them.

[GuineaPigCages.com] What do you collect?

I put my outgoing mail in the mouths of the nutcrackers on the left (below) until I take it out to the mailbox.

I also collect Steiff guinea pigs and hamsters.

Beatrix Potter Beswicks... These are my amiable guinea pigs:

Anri Beatrix Potter ornaments. I don't have photos of those. I have a designated trunk for each of my collections other than the nutcrackers. I limit myself to what can fit in each of the trunks. If they overflow, I sell some off.

Last edited:
Besides piggies... :)

I collect model horses. Mostly Breyers, some Peter Stones, Hagen-Renakers, Beswicks, North Light and other pretty ones. I've been an addict for, um.... forty years. Got my first Breyer, "Misty" in 1972. A one point I *think* I had over 3000 models. I've cut way back and have sold off quite a few, now just keeping my favorites and adding four or so a year.

Check it out:

(broken link removed)

These are from a few years ago, before I started selling off some models.

Wow... and I thought my collections were crazy. My husband keeps me in check.... ha ha... Most of the stuff I collect are getting really expensive so I don't buy a lot anymore but it's still fun. We have a huge flea market out this way with over 1000 antique dealers. I used to be able to get nutcrackers really cheap but not anymore. Your collection is awesome.

I collect dog figurines. Part of my collection is shown below, but I have more that I don't have photos of.

I find it so funny that we all have animal related collections.....

I collect chapstick/lip balm. I have about 50 tubes.

I collect comedy and tragedy masks and related knick-knacks, lamps, etc. When I was really, really young, my mother would put me on a chair with my bottle that had a pair of comedy/tragedy masks hanging above it. She'd say, "That's comedy and tragedy," and being a toddler, I thought she mean it was two people named Comedy and Tragedy.

I don't know what happened to those original masks, but when I got my own place, I wanted to find a similar pair. I found a few and bought them, but none were like the originals. Then eBay started and my collection went into high gear, although it still took me another year to find a duplicate of my childhood pair. Here are a couple of photos:
That was at my old house. Borat and Amy actually live in the room where I have them all displayed now that I'm in FL. The "originals" are two rows above the pillows in the first picture. There's a black pair and a red pair.

I collect salt and pepper shakers. Most of them are animal shapes, like cats and rabbits. I have a small cabinet of them in my room, and the rest have overflowed into the garage. :silly:

I collect comedy and tragedy masks and related knick-knacks, lamps, etc. When I was really, really young, my mother would put me on a chair with my bottle that had a pair of comedy/tragedy masks hanging above it. She'd say, "That's comedy and tragedy," and being a toddler, I thought she mean it was two people named Comedy and Tragedy.

I don't know what happened to those original masks, but when I got my own place, I wanted to find a similar pair. I found a few and bought them, but none were like the originals. Then eBay started and my collection went into high gear, although it still took me another year to find a duplicate of my childhood pair. Here are a couple of photos:
View attachment 27916
View attachment 27917
That was at my old house. Borat and Amy actually live in the room where I have them all displayed now that I'm in FL. The "originals" are two rows above the pillows in the first picture. There's a black pair and a red pair.

Those masks bring back memories of when I was a kid. My dad had our basement set up as a recreation room/family room/ bar. He had a bunch of liquor signs and light up things and those masks. I was afraid of them. I think my brother took all that stuff when my parents moved years ago. Very cool setup.

I collect salt and pepper shakers. Most of them are animal shapes, like cats and rabbits. I have a small cabinet of them in my room, and the rest have overflowed into the garage. :silly:

My mom has collected salt and pepper shakers her whole life... she's 84. She has hundreds of them and a lot of them are really collectible. My dad built shelves all along the walls in their basement and they're all on display down there. She's willed them to my daughter who is really happy. My whole family has collections.. it's kind of funny.

I collect chapstick/lip balm. I have about 50 tubes.

That's a really cool collection. Do you have to keep them in a special place so they don't melt or do you take out the lip balm? My brother collects beer cans and I think they're empty, but I could be wrong.

I collect dog figurines. Part of my collection is shown below, but I have more that I don't have photos of.

Sweet!

I do have some dogs in my curio and most of the Breyer ones. Mostly HR and Beswick dogs, although a few are MIJ chinas and resins.

Back when I was in full-mode collecting, I rarely found Breyers that often at my "haunts" and began collecting dogs, too. I had amassed quite a few of those, and a ton of small Hagen figures. Finally had to sell them off, they were overrunning my house!

I used to collect antique coins, I have at the moment I think about a thousand or more, though I've never really counted to see, just a ball park guess. I've thought about selling them at a few points, since quite a few of them are worth a lot, however I just can't bring myself to as I love looking at them.

LOL @Precia! You sound like me. I don't collect anything anymore because I run a daycare from my home and most things in collections are breakable. Not practical for my house :(

I used to collect pocket watches and rosaries (I'm not catholic). Unfortunately with moving around so much as I became an adult all my worldly possessions were lost.

Right now I just have a rock sample collection and Pokemon plush toy I'm trying to build up. Here' my plush collection so far:

@MissJean I love Pokemon (Well really most Japanese stuff like anime, but the Pokemon games are just the best thing ever) I totally just want to kidnap all those plushies. xD

@MissJean I love Pokemon (Well really most Japanese stuff like anime, but the Pokemon games are just the best thing ever) I totally just want to kidnap all those plushies. xD

So the picture is loading for you? I'm seeing nothing on my screen. o_O

Yeah, at first it didn't, but when I refreshed the page they loaded

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.