Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General What do i feed my guniea pigs in their salads?

I LOVE MY PIGS

Cavy Slave
I give them half a cup of salad in the afternoon and the other half of the cup around dinner time. <br><br>I give them Iceburg lettuce, red bell peppers, cucumber and silontro. of course all in itsy bitsy slices what else can i give them id like to change it up a bit, what do you guys feed you guinea pigs in their daily salads?

Iceberg lettuce is not very good, very poor nutrition. choose a leafy lettuce instead. I think cucumber should be used mor for the occasional treat and swap the red pepper for green-red is high in sugar. My piggies also.like parsley a few times a week, and cherry tomatoes. For lap time they get an apple slice or half a strawberry.

I give them half a cup of salad in the afternoon and the other half of the cup around dinner time. <br><br>I give them Iceburg lettuce, red bell peppers, cucumber and silontro. of course all in itsy bitsy slices what else can i give them id like to change it up a bit, what do you guys feed you guinea pigs in their daily salads?
Hi.There is a great food chart on this site @ https://www.guineapigcages.com/threads/22156/post-254730 . Red bell pepper along with fruits should only been given occasionally, to much sugar is bad for guinea pigs. I also 2nd all that Silver said.

Edit:
Seriously, why are you making multiple threads about the same thing? https://www.guineapigcages.com/threads/72912/post-635277 that is frowned upon by the mods. Please do not do it.​

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.