Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior What do I do?

Riot101

Cavy Slave
So, I adopted Blaze yesterday (5 month old Abby) and I'm really worried about what she's doing!

All 4 of my other Pigs were 3 weeks old when I got them and easy to handle and train.

BUT, Blaze is soooo scared that she digs and hides under ALL the layers of her cage! She refuses to come out and eat, and freaks out when we go near!

Is this normal for a 5 month old pig that has not been handled properly in the past???

What should I do? I should I go about making her life a little easier???

Please help me?

I would think that if she has been mishandled in the past she probably remembers that, also being in a new place is probably really scary for her. When I got my two boys they didnt eat or drink in front of me and would hide every time I came in the room. I'd say let her be and get used to everything. If she doesn't like it when you go near her i'd say for now just peek in on her every now and then to see how she's doing and if she's emerged from under the layers. That's all I'd be able to advise right now, I don't really know much about pigs who haven't been handled properly though. :/ I hope she starts getting less scared soon though!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.