Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What did the "banned" members do?

frNzR4evr

Cavy Slave
Ya, I noticed that several of the members who had posted good answers in the archives had the category "banned" under their screen-names. What would they have done/said to warrant this? I don't want to ever have this happen to me, I'm on this site for most of my free time!

It's always because of some egregious rule violation that they continued in spite of being asked to stop, and after being warned that they would be banned. Don't worry, unless you're just waaaay out of line, you won't be banned.

I think they asked why other users had been banned! :p

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Probably they broke various rules of the forum, were warned about it, and then continue to break the rules. I'm sure there isn't a single answer to the question.

I think they asked why other users had been banned! :p

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Probably they broke various rules of the forum, were warned about it, and then continue to break the rules. I'm sure there isn't a single answer to the question.
hah hah ha, poop_patrol, I LOVE it here, I don't want to upset anybody. I think I'll take another look at those forum RULEs!

I'm sneaking in!
I'm on a betta forum and 2 members that harassed me because I wouldn't get my 3 betta fish a 2.5 gallon got banned. Now I have no clue if it is a permanent ban or just a temp ban but most of the times on these pet forums I see people getting banned for getting a bit to aggressive when it comes to advice. But it all comes down to how the admin wants to handle the situation, even though I was apologized to by one of the members(the other one said I wasn't worth the apology and carried it on in private messages). Most people need to remember that it isn't their pet and the OP(Original Poster) is asking for help, because the OP doesn't take your advice doesn't mean you need to get aggressive and start bullying them to do so. I actually got so over whelmed reading the replies on a thread(on the betta forum) I broke down crying and spent 15mins cuddling my guinea pigs. But yeah, in my past experience people can become very obsessed with pets and things can really get out of hand quickly.

I didn't see any banned names you might be talking about. If you mean archived threads from as far back as when my account was made, the forum was a different animal. You got banned easily and somewhat a bit arbitrarily. Guinealynx was worse and I actually got banned from there at one point. I have no idea why. I was a teenager asking for help in reporting a pet store and I couldn't find the contact info for the groups they were telling me to contact and then I got banned. There was the policy of not sugar coating anything and a rather strict single way to care for guinea pigs with little room for differing opinions. I'm glad to see things have loosened up quite a bit and repeated attempts are made to help people who aren't understanding the importance of some care aspects.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.