Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

UTI/Urinary Tract Infection What causes a UTI?

InTheMiddle

Cavy Slave
I know in people how you get it. What about gp? What could I been giving them for them to get it? How hard is it to give them medicine? I know my rabbit wasnt easy. :(

Same way, bacteria getting up the urinary tract. Often caused by a dirty cage or living with rabbits. You give them medication with a syringe, some pigs don't mind it at all, while others need to be rolled up in a towel & coaxed.

Its not the rabbit. We put him to sleep years ago and they never lived together. I clean their cage 3 times a week. I wonder if i should chnage back to littler instead of using towels and fleece.

Even if you do clean their cage, pigs can still get UTI by sleeping/sitting on dirty spots. Are you sure yours have UTI?

How do you know yours have an UTI? What kind of symptoms have they been having, and have they seen a vet?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.