Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed of Rabbit do you all have?

Eminem2004

Cavy Slave
my newest bunny is a lop :)

Faunn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
What about setting up an area in the kitchen? Or giving her lots of acceptable things to dig/chew? Like a digging box, towel, sandbox, old phonebook, pinecones, etc. Rabbits need daily out-of-cage time to exercise and play, how would you like to be stuck in a closet 24/7?

_Sagwa_My_Piggy said:
(Sorry for not answering earlier) I can't let her out of her cage because she digs! I used to swap her and the male in an outside area, but she escaped 3 times! I put the rabbits in their cages until its warmer. I already know her warning signs, but thank you for the website anyways.

Twinkle_Toes

Cavy Slave
We have a 3 yr old chocolate/white Mini Rex.
His name is Cocoa Willy.

charliesangel88

Cavy Slave
Just to update you all the baby black netherland dwarf is now named oliver. He is very happy in his new home with his daddy(charlie) but misses his mommy and sisters. Hopefully though, when he's old enough, he will able to get neutered so they can all play together again!

Patch

Cavy Slave
I have two Mini Rexes, Lilly is my back bunny and Cotton my broken lilac bunny

cavylover
cavylover

bluebunny

Cavy Slave
I have 3 standad rexrabbits and 1 x breed

Eminem2004

Cavy Slave
my 2 are both dawarfs, but esme is a lop. :)

lilliesmomma

Cavy Slave
I have a mini rex named "pupcake". We call him "puppy" most of the time. He is white with black cow-like markings. He has a terrific personality and I discovered recently, by reading some suggested rabbit behavior articles, that he is head over heals in love with me! He loves being under foot and nibbles on my pant leg for attention. He also loves to play "catch me if you can". He has a 3-floor bunny palace to himself. I am looking to adopt a bunny friend for him in a few months. Here is a link to see him...

(broken link removed)

There are some photos from last year with him and his original TINY cage before I built him his palace.

I certainly lucked out with him - he is a loving little guy. Anyone know someone in Southern NH down to the Boston area who has a bunny who needs a home? Let me know... we have plenty of space!

Last edited:

minirex85

Cavy Slave
i have a Min Rex Brown with spotted white name BUNBUN
he a cute

synesthesia

Cavy Slave
Going to pick mine up tomorrow from the ARL. His name is Bernie and they think he might be part Flemish giant because he's a big boy.
*worried*

lilliesmomma

Cavy Slave
Try also to not yell at her for protecting her space or herself. Speak to her sweetly. I never force my buns in or out of their cage. If I need them back in their cages if they aren't already there, I lure them with parsley! They come pretty quickly with a sniff of that!

_Sagwa_My_Piggy said:
I also have a mini rex, brown spotted with white, she is so EVIL! She attacks me when I try to take her out, but I'm ok with it. I alos have a Brittine petite (spelling), his name is Ricky and he is brown with white underneath.

lilliesmomma

Cavy Slave
How big does a flemish giant get? I'm sure Bernie will appreciate the new home! Congrats!

My mini rex is the only rabbit I have owned and am unfamiliar with the other breeds. I love the fact that I rarely have 'hair' issues with the mini rex - he's all soft peach fuzz and really doesn't shed much. Puppy was officially weighed at the vet last week... he is 5lbs. His 'castration' (as the vet put it - what an ugly word) went very well and he's been begging to get out of his cage since the anesthesia wore off but the vet said to confine him for 5 days -- he doesn't seem to like this too much.

synesthesia said:
Going to pick mine up tomorrow from the ARL. His name is Bernie and they think he might be part Flemish giant because he's a big boy.
*worried*

synesthesia

Cavy Slave
Yesterday the cage kept falling apart. I was NOT happy about that.
But as soon as I get his supplies today and set them up, I'll pick him up... in the rain -_-
He got neutered yesterday, how should I care for him? *very worried as he is my first bunny*
I think some get about 14 pounds or more, but he's only part, so he might not get any bigger.

lilliesmomma

Cavy Slave
How big are standard rexes? Mine is a mini rex 1yr old at 5lbs.

bluebunny said:
I have 3 standad rexrabbits and 1 x breed

lilliesmomma

Cavy Slave
Did you use the cube panels? If so, get some plastic cable ties, this will hold the cage together nicely. They really make the cage strong. Mine kept falling apart until I did this. The round plastic corners don't really hold the wire panels too well.

You may want to put some extra cable ties on the horizontal levels - he's pretty heavy. This will strengthen it. I think the best idea I have seen for different levels was when someone used wire closet shelving cut down to fit the space. This is quite strong. Look at the pictures of other peoples cages. I think this is the best way to determine what you should do.

Mine was neutered at the end of last week. He seemed a bit swollen for a day or two but the swelling has already gone down. After the anesthesia wore off he's acted like normal - he hates being confined to his cage.

synesthesia said:
Yesterday the cage kept falling apart. I was NOT happy about that.
But as soon as I get his supplies today and set them up, I'll pick him up... in the rain -_-
He got neutered yesterday, how should I care for him? *very worried as he is my first bunny*
I think some get about 14 pounds or more, but he's only part, so he might not get any bigger.

synesthesia

Cavy Slave
Mine learned how to open the cage. He pulled at it with his teeth then nudged it away.
Now i have to block the cage with a chair when I'm not home.

lilliesmomma

Cavy Slave
Mine did the same thing. At first I was using twist ties to 'lock' the cage door. Now I use several Office Binder Clips around the door and it works great! It's too strong of a hold for him to get out.

synesthesia said:
Mine learned how to open the cage. He pulled at it with his teeth then nudged it away.
Now i have to block the cage with a chair when I'm not home.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.