Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed? What breed is my wonderful, sweet boy?

Squeakybabies

Cavy Slave
I'm just curious and thought I would ask for some opinions. My boy Thorne is 10 weeks old and these are up to date pictures. I bought him and 3 girls when they were about 3 weeks old from a lady who was totally new to guinea pigs and she said they were all abyssinians but a week after I brought the babies home, she was offering me the adult guinea pigs and sent pictures. She had 3 sows and one boar. Two of her sows and the boar looked like abys to me but she had a black and white female that Thorne looks a lot like that has the long coat and really doesn't look like there are any rosettes. I was thinking maybe he's an aby mixed with peruvian. Anyway, I'd like to hear what you think. Thanks in advance. C:

Attachments

20240708_002657.jpg 20240708_001615.jpg
My Guinea pig Apple looks a lot like yours. I would agree an Abyssinian-Peruvian mix. I’ve heard them being called Shebas or Sheba Mini Yaks before. I had another Guinea pig Caramel who was also an aby-Peruvian. The two breeds can make some really cute mixes and Thorne is super adorable.

Attachments

IMG_4692.jpeg
I'm just curious and thought I would ask for some opinions. My boy Thorne is 10 weeks old and these are up to date pictures. I bought him and 3 girls when they were about 3 weeks old from a lady who was totally new to guinea pigs and she said they were all abyssinians but a week after I brought the babies home, she was offering me the adult guinea pigs and sent pictures. She had 3 sows and one boar. Two of her sows and the boar looked like abys to me but she had a black and white female that Thorne looks a lot like that has the long coat and really doesn't look like there are any rosettes. I was thinking maybe he's an aby mixed with peruvian. Anyway, I'd like to hear what you think. Thanks in advance. C:
I'm not sure what breed, but his fur bears a striking resemblance to my boy Simon. Simon was a Lunkarya which Thorne isn't but the pattern on his head is similar.

That said, Thorne is adorable! Makes me wanna consider pignapping!