Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed? What breed do you think they are?

rubypig

Cavy Slave
Hi all, I want to confirm the breeds of my girls, can anyone give me they're opinion on my two sweeties please :O)))

[GuineaPigCages.com] What breed do you think they are?[GuineaPigCages.com] What breed do you think they are?[GuineaPigCages.com] What breed do you think they are?

Ok I think my baby pictured on the lower picture is an Alpaca? My other baby seems to be an American short haired or an English crested? Any ideas? Suggestions?

By the way this is a page with an Apaca (broken link removed)
You can also google "Alpaca guinea pig"

I think she looks like a texel. I could be wrong, but I thought that alpacas have bangs that look like a Peruvian but with curly hair and are Peruvian mixes.

Thank you I did think that first until I found the page above in my previous post, the alpaca looks so much like my sweety! Any ideas for my other sweety?

Your other is an American short hair. Crested guinea pigs have a colic or rosette "crown" in the center of their head with the hair growing out in a circle. The English crested have a the crest the same color as the rest of their fur. American crested have crests that are usually white but are not the same color as the rest of their fur. They're both beautiful. Texels are usually hard to find.

Thank you yes they are very beautiful and I'm very proud of them, yes I was told by a lot of people I probably won't see another one like my Ruby again, Chilly is more used to being held but Ruby doesn't like even as far as chewing on my hand or arm, not biting but softly saying I don't want to be held, I think it's psychological due to probably not being held or touched before I got her but she will very happily eat from my hand and let me stroke her face (she loves that even closing her eyes as I stroke her)

I wonder is there any type of therapy u can do to help her be less scared of being held!

Hold them as much as you can and feed them snacks while they're in your lap. When you offer them veggies while they're in the cage, break off small pieces and have them eat it while you hold the snacks. They'll start associating your hands with good things.

Ruby is a Swiss Teddyyyyyyyyy (with red eyes) yes finally know what breed! Just wanted to let everyone know :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.