Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What are your opinions?

Shorty

Cavy Slave
I was on nick.com and these girls were talking about they made clothes for there guinea pigs to wear like pants, shirts, hats, etc. They said 'Oh the guinea pigs really like them' and 'they look really cool.'

Do you guys think thats really safe? They must be around my age (like around 12 or 13) but still, I don't understand, why someone would think that the guinea pigs like the clothes. If I was a guinea pig I think that I would be very angry. Thats like animal abuse.

Dude, some people really don't know guinea pigs. Another girl said you NEED to buy a ball for your guinea pig. What?!?

Well, good thing I educated them. I just can't see why someone would make clothes for their guinea pig(s). That is just ridicilous!

I mean, there only around my age or so. But still, thats common sense. Well atleast about the guinea pig clothes thing.

I feel so bad for the piggies that they have to go through that.

I'm just glad I know how to treat my guinea pigs.

supertramp

Cavy Slave
Well some people are incredibly ignorant. It's a shame but that's humanity for you. At least there's this cavy community teaching people how to look after guineas properly - word sure is spreading fast about C&C cages so maybe things are looking up.

Shorty

Cavy Slave
Yeah. Lots of people know about the C&C cages now. And thats a good thing. I can't believe I even had my parents buy a small petstore cage for my guinea pigs. That was such a waste of money.

__ben

Cavy Slave
Wow, pants! somtimes I put a bow in my girls fur but thats it.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
When the petco near my house reopened they had a costume contest.(IT was close to holloween) My friend and I made costumes for our pigs. One was a devil(red cape and horns+a stick spear thing), another was a witch( purple cape,Black hat and a mini broom) Salem was a pumkin. They were all made out of felt that we got at walmart for cheap. They looked so cut and they didnt seem to mind. The contest was the only time they wore them except for fittings. We won fourth place too. Lost to to terriers( Dorothy and Toto)A group of various sized Dogs in camo and a couple of pygmy goats dressed like fairies with wings, glitter, and fake eyelashes. No joke they were wearing EYELASHES. They were adorable, but sometimes you just have to draw a line.

Shorty

Cavy Slave
Yeah they also said dresses. A guinea pig would probably trip and slip in a dress.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
The only costume that went all the way around the pig was the pumkin one. I held him the entire time he had it on. I can understand putting bows in their hair,but dresses?

Shorty

Cavy Slave
Yeah really. Even though they're around my age, they should know.I know. I mean, I bought on 2x5 cage. I spent my money on them. Pretty soon,I'm gonna make an upper deck/ramp. But yeah, they should have some common sense. They say its 'a hit' with the pigs. Ha!They have them walk around like that I believe. I'm going to ask them.

Shorty

Cavy Slave
They also said that they model them. I just read that.

Piggles

Cavy Slave
I don't put cloths on any of my guinea pigs...their fur is there cloths!

99p Flake

Cavy Slave
If I made my Theo wear a hat, I would fully expect him to rebel and eat it ;)

It's not just Guinea Pigs though, but all animals: I don't see the point in them wearing clothes, unless it is directly involved to their health (Keeping a injured animal warm, etc). All animals, and 'pets' should be given a bit more respect for being much more civilized than we are :p

I have to say, I didn't know about C&C cages untill fairly recently, and although I'm not planning on building one (Due to materials being damn hard to get), I am looking into different materials and methods to help build a semi-palace for my pigs. Although, such things like giving them space to run around, veggies to eat, social interaction etc seems common sense to me o_O

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.