Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding What are you using for bedding in "kitchen" area?

PumpkinPixie

Cavy Slave
I have transitioned to fleece and love it. My kitchen area has Carefresh bedding currently (in a litter bin), and it's the only area that I notice odors in, even 2 days after cleaning. What are recommendations for this area? Should I use fleece bedding in that area too? I clean poop up daily in the other area and have no odors there.

Thanks for your help!

mmas4

Cavy Slave
I use hardwood stove pellets in my pigs kitchen. In the fosters cage I put a towel down which I can easily change every other day.

kltohlman

Cavy Slave
I have a 1x2 tray with pine covered with care fresh on top. I notice mine only begins to smell when my piggies pull hay out and just leave it there & pee on it I have to empty and refill twice a week

Last edited:

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
I use towels or small woven rugs in the kitchen area. I take them out and shake them off or replace them as needed. I find it much easier to shake the towels off than I do fleece. Hay clings to fleece!

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
In my 3 boars cage I have a 2x2 kitchen area and I use aspen then carefresh, same as my girls and plutos cage but their kitchen area is a 2x1. I clean both out twice a week as they do start smelling after 4 days or so.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.