Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sexing What are these two narrow long things under the legs?

arnab321

Cavy Slave
[GuineaPigCages.com] What are these two narrow long things under the legs?

What are those two protruding things under the hind legs, near the top of the image?

Piggy nipples! :D

Both male and female guinea pigs have nipples.

This is cracking me up! MOST mammals have nipples (males and females).

I learned... if the anus and peehole are connected, it is a female. If the anus and peehole is seperate it's a male.Not sure how good that is, but it worked for me.. my baby guinea is a male :/ And yes, he has nipples too. Usually as they age they become less defined. yours looks to be a female.... The Y shape is what gives it away.

Another good tip is if it has a penis (you may need to push above it to make it protrude) it's obviously a male :3

This is cracking me up! MOST mammals have nipples (males and females).

I hope this is just a joke and not actually poking fun at the OP.

Some of the members on here aren't even old enough to be in biology classes yet and don't have parents that are open about the subject of reproduction.

Actually, most people I know don't know that males could possibly have nipples... It's common to think: females = nipples males = don't :)

I'm not poking fun at all...that's not my style. I was just saying that it's an interesting thread. AND pointing out that almost all mammals have nipples. Although, neither sex of the platypus has them...interesting side note.

Interesting lol.

Actually, most people I know don't know that males could possibly have nipples... It's common to think: females = nipples males = don't

Hello? You've never seen a human male's chest before? Those two round brown circles? Nipples.

That's true, never thought about that before....Though I would never have a reason to, of course!:)

I learned... if the anus and peehole are connected, it is a female. If the anus and peehole is seperate it's a male.Not sure how good that is, but it worked for me.. my baby guinea is a male :/ And yes, he has nipples too. Usually as they age they become less defined. yours looks to be a female.... The Y shape is what gives it away.
Another good tip is if it has a penis (you may need to push above it to make it protrude) it's obviously a male :3

Oops! Sorry! I didn't mean to quote that, sorry!!!

I know this is about piggies (I don't have any yet) I do have rats and as an FYI male rats do not have nipples.

But....Now that I've accedentally quoted it, I'll agree with it anyway, LOL!:D

Yes, I do know. But for SOME PEOPLE they do NOT know certain species DO HAVE NIPPLES on male and female.

And yes I have seen a male's chest, and sorry but your comment came across as a little rude :(

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be rude. It just seems funny to me that anyone would think that males don't have nipples, when every male mammal I can think of does.

But some people don't know that lol. I know many people who also think hamsters and guineas are AWESOME first pets for their 2 year olds x.x when really there isn't any "awesome" pet for a 2 year old other than maybe a friendly, docile, patient dog?

Hi, a large female that was too fat I thought, turned out to be a male and had large teats. His titi was also hiding or just very small. testies were hard to find because it was a large guinea pig. I messed that one up sexing it. i didn't own him. Don't feel so bad. it's easy to tell on guinea pigs most of the time. At least I thought:eek:ptimist:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.