Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Well, we have four new babies!

vera_

Cavy Slave
I started out with two guinea pigs--both of whom were pregnant. One had one baby on 5/5, the other had four babies last night! Two white ones (one appears to be albino), one all blackish brown except for one white paw, and one half blackish brown and half white. They're quite adorable.

So now I have seven guinea pigs. We're still working on gender checks (thanks to the clear photos at Cavy Spirit), but if all works out well we will split them up into three cages, 2, 2, and 3 per cage. I need to get more of those Stack & Rack cubes. One 2X3 cage will probably go into my daughter's room (not the ideal, I know, but then again having 7 guinea pigs wasn't the ideal either, LOL) and we'll double-decker a 2X4 and a 2X3 cage in the living room.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
They are the cutest thing I have seen since my own pig gave birth in March! Congratulations! Hope everything is fine with the pigs. Keep a close eye on the white ones though. The only deformed baby i have come across was all white and had no teeth and no eyes.something else was wrong too. He died three days after he was born. Sorry if I scared you I just wanted you to be careful to watch them. I have had two all white pigs though and they were just fine.Congrats again!!

kennethlhm

Cavy Slave
such a happy GP family

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

NoVeil

Cavy Slave
What sweet babies! I have cavy baby fever here, I want our piggies to be born and ready to come home...NOW!

Good luck with them :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.