Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Weird poops?

YoPiggies

Cavy Slave
I was cleaning the piggies' cage today and found a very odd poop in their hay pile. I'll include a photo at the bottom. I'm not sure how fresh it is - I had gone a few days without removing all poops because of how hectic finals week was. I used to feed them Gerty mix, which had lots of treats in it, could it just be one of those that passed weirdly? I feed them Oxbow pellets now. Their behavior is completely normal now - they're actually both popcorning more than I've ever seen them do, and they're running in laps and circles around their cage. In the absence of any "sick" behavior, should I not be worried?

[GuineaPigCages.com] Weird poops?

I don't think that's a poo. It looks like it might be a wilted piece of lettuce or maybe a chewed piece of cardboard.

I'm not so sure thats guinea pig stool. It's probably just a dried up, stepped on, pice of celery or lettce, carrot maybe?

Do you feed tomatoes? Looks like a dried veggie for sure.

Looks like tomato skin to me. Definitely not poo.

Wow, that makes me feel a lot better. I feel them lettuce and carrots usually - I guess it could be either of those! I was really hoping it wasn't stool, as that thing is huge and looked like it would have been horrifying to pass. Thanks everybody!

Do you feed anything other than lettuce and carrots? That's not much of a variety. You can give 1 baby carrot daily but it really shouldn't be a staple of their diet. Green peppers are great, cilantro is great.

Yes, a better variety is needed for sure.
My guys love green peppers, lettuce, cucumber, cilantro, cherry tomatoes and fresh picked grass.

I do try to mix it up with green pepper and cucumber. My issue is that it's hard for me to keep fresh vegetables for very long in my crummy college apartment, so I am not getting much of a variety myself (yikes).
HOWEVER, it's my choice to not feed myself any vegetables, but they really deserve to get a better variety every day, don't they? How do you all go about keeping veggies fresh for the pigs? I wouldn't mind buying things specifically for them if I knew it would at least last me for a bit.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.