Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Weird Behavior?

GuineaPigs530

Cavy Slave
I have my guinea pigs for about a good 2 to 3 months now. There both girls. One is an American, And Aby. Well, to let you know, they been in one of those little store bought cages for 2 weeks because I have been sick really bad and now I'm clearing up and ordered a HUGE cage for them that you guys will be seeing soon. But, about the behavior, there bowl is in the middle of the cage, and I see Lilly (american) and Quinn (Aby) start walking around the bowl like there wressling? And then I see Lilly start jumping and fliping her head back, and I see Quinn start to jump and I got worried so I came here.. Do you know what is happning??

It sounds like they are asserting their dominance. Unless there is blood, don't separate. What were they housed in prior to the last 2 weeks? Being in a tiny cage and overcrowded makes the pigs cranky and more likely to fight. Can you get them out for some floor time?

Are you sure they are girls?

The longer they are in the small cage, the better the chances are they will injure each other.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.