Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

weight gain

scoobykimm09

Cavy Slave
How much weight does a pregnant guinea pig usually gain in pounds? Im not sure if my piggies are pregnant or not. If they are pregnant they are about 7 and 9 months old and have never delivered a litter before. I heard it would probably be fatal for my 9 month piggy and that just cant happen. If they are pregnant they would be 60 days today. Somedays my older pig looks bigger than others. I guess it depends how she is sitting or lying down.

schavarry

Cavy Slave
If they're 60 days along you should be able to see/feel something moving inside of them if they are really pregnant.

I'm pretty sure 2.5lbs is typical. They should be gaining weight for the first year if I'm not mistaken.

scoobykimm09

Cavy Slave
When I try to feel something I cant tell if what Im feeling is them breathing or their heart beating or what. They both weigh 2 pounds. I think they weighed about 1 and a half a couple months ago. I wish I would have weighed them weekly before this but I only weighed them the last 2 weeks. This week there was no weight difference in either piggy. I will try to post a pic of my girls that I took last week.

scoobykimm09

Cavy Slave
100_2232.jpg100_2231.jpg

scoobykimm09

Cavy Slave
The first pic is Sunshine, she is about 9 months old and the other piggy is Georgee. She is about 7 months old.

schavarry

Cavy Slave
I don't have a whole lot of experience but just from seeing these pics I don't think Sunshine is pregnant, she doesn't have the typical pear shape that's found in expecting GPs. It's hard to tell with Georgee because of her fur. Probably want second opinions because I've only seen one pregnant pig in person and the random pics online but that's my two cents.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.