Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting We just got to four...now we're going to 6?!

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Hello again,

As some of you know, I just adopted 2 new guinea pigs, to add to my "Herd" I had just gotten used to having double the pigs, and was thinking that 4 was a good place to stop at, when my mom walked in and said, "There is this guy I work with who has two guinea pigs that need a home...So what do you think?" Apparently, this man's brother, is going through a divorce, and he moved into the brother's house, when his wife a kid moved out. It's the classic case of "Kid gets a pig, kid finds out you actually have to take care of them, kid gets bored of pigs" So she moved away without taking them with her, leaving the angry dad to take care of them. So this guy made it his mission to find them a good homes, though he does not really know much about them. He asked the girl what their names were, and found it sad that she didn't know. They are two pigs, I'm guessing american short hair, as that is what most pet-stores sell, and that's where most moms tend to go when they give into their kids constant "Pleaseeeeeeeeee get me a guinea pig! They are soooooooo awesome" Though that's about all I know, as my mom wanted to ask me if I wanted them first, before getting into it to much, though she will be asking more today. I'm hoping that they are both girls, because then I could add them to the herd. However if they are boys, then I will still most likely take them, and give them their own cage, or foster them for the man, giving them lots of love, care, and getting them used to people before I find them a good home that will take good care of them. (Might be really hard, since I have veryyyyy high standers xD) Or if they are a boy and a girl...Well then...we have problems. xD However, I'm fully ready for babies because of Ro Dah who was only a few weeks old when she came here. So I'm hoping to give them a good home no matter what! :D

I'd be grateful for any tips or anything like that for preparing for them. Though this is far for a done deal yet, I just want to be ready encase.

Thanks,
The human, Phoenix, Godric, Fus, Ro Dah, And possibly two others ;)

Since you have the support of your mom, I'd say go for it as long as the additional time and cost won't be a burden to you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.