Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning Way to clean bristle brush?

Helen.k

Cavy Gazer
Hi, is there a way to fully clean a bristle brush that used previously on guinea pig that has mites.

The piggies are fine now, but I haven't use the brush sometimes and thought would be a waste to throw away.

This is the brush photo

Attachments

IMG_20221005_141105.jpg
I don't know if that material would survive something like a heat treatment. You may want to nuke it in something like hot water/soap or maybe vinegar. Just let it soak like you would a normal hairbrush.

I don't know if that material would survive something like a heat treatment. You may want to nuke it in something like hot water/soap or maybe vinegar. Just let it soak like you would a normal hairbrush.
Yea, i can try to do so.. Better than I just throw away. Thanks for the suggestion. 😊

If you know what type of mites they were, search, "-mite type- egg viability". You can search through and see under what conditions and timeframe the eggs will still be able to hatch (which can be years in some species). That is, if it's worth all that effort instead of just buying a new brush.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.