Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Water water bottle brush and water bottle poll

guineapig988

Cavy Slave
So first of I was wondering if I should get a water bottle brush. I am going to petsmart on saturday and was wondering if I should pick up a bottle brush. heres the link to it. All Living Things™ Multipurpose Bottle Brush - Cleaning - Small Pet - PetSmart

Second I would like to do a poll and see what different water bottles people use, to help people find good water bottles and just to see who has the same.

So just do it in the format that mine is in-

Brand- Kaytee Place bought-target price- not sure I think around 6 dollars Link (optional) Kaytee Water Bottle - 32 oz. : Target
Leaks?- Nope reveiw- great water bottle and doesn't leak but lame design notes- I never buy kaytee or pet suplies from target but I needed a new water bottle and it works well.

Lisa21264

Cavy Slave
I have an L & M farms water bottle. It's pretty good doesn't leak but the ball gets stuck up the tube sometimes. I think Terra is doing that though because he "plays" with the water bottle.

pinky

Cavy Slave
So first of I was wondering if I should get a water bottle brush. I am going to petsmart on saturday and was wondering if I should pick up a bottle brush. heres the link to it. All Living Things™ Multipurpose Bottle Brush - Cleaning - Small Pet - PetSmart

Second I would like to do a poll and see what different water bottles people use, to help people find good water bottles and just to see who has the same.

So just do it in the format that mine is in-

Brand- Kaytee Place bought-target price- not sure I think around 6 dollars Link (optional) Kaytee Water Bottle - 32 oz. : Target
Leaks?- Nope reveiw- great water bottle and doesn't leak but lame design notes- I never buy kaytee or pet suplies from target but I needed a new water bottle and it works well.

I use that bottle brush. I love the tiny brush that fits in the spout. Makes it easy to clean it.

guineapig988

Cavy Slave
I have an L & M farms water bottle. It's pretty good doesn't leak but the ball gets stuck up the tube sometimes. I think Terra is doing that though because he "plays" with the water bottle.

hmm.. thats never happend to me she must play with it. Mine don't seem very excited about their water bottle they just sometimes drink out of it when there really thirsty, i think they mainly get their water from fruits and veggies.

Anyone know about if i should get a water bottle brush?

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I used to have that bottle brush. I basically only used the tiny brush, though, for the nozzles. Now I use these ones for the nozzles--
Feeder Maintenance: Perfect Little Birdfeeder Brush for Nectar Feeders

This is one of the bottle brushes I use a lot--
Large Hummingbird Birdfeeder Cleaning Brush Bird Feeder | eBay

The one we use the most, though, looks like this--
Carlisle 40415 Bottle Brush 16.5" Small Neck

Here at the rescue I have over a hundred water bottles. Lately I've been planning on replacing them with the glass bottles, a few at a time. The glass ones are easier to keep clean, and I don't worry about harmful chemicals leaching from them.

I have never noticed that any one brand works better than others, as far as leaking.

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave