Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

washable puppy pads

RustBottum

Cavy Slave
I justbought washable puppy pads from petsmart and i don't like them that muchand they werepretty expensive so i might return them but befor i do i wanted to know if anyone else had experience with them. This is what they look like http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441777894&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302033168&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023689&bmUID=1115764496504
So instead of using this under the fleece i was thinking of useing newspaper and when it gets wet jsut change it, but would the ink run onto the fleece or the coroplast?

I am trying to find a good bedding that is not loose bedding. Any suggestions woul be helpful. I have fleece now and i like it but it smells and i change it every 3 days. It might be the puppy pads, with the newspaper i would change the wet newspaper so it probably wouldn't smell as much. Right? On the upper elveli was thinking of usine carpet mats. I like the idea of using carpet because it looks really nice but i don't know if it would be good if they pee on it.

Sorry for such a long post!! Thanks!

RustBottum

Cavy Slave
...................anyone...............:)

pennick

Cavy Slave
Hi again, I think we went through this about carpet mats the other day. If you have a nice amount of carpet mats all you would have to do is change the one mat that may be very wet. I found the mats to be quite absorbant. I had shavings on the lower level so my piggies would run down there to urinate. They occassionally urinated on the mats but it held up well.

I am not a lover of fleece so I will leave that to others.

RustBottum

Cavy Slave
ya i am planing on using the carpet mats on the upper level and i think i am going to use newspaper under the fleece on the bottom level and change it when it gets wet. The washable puppy pads i bought i didn't really like so i am most likely returning them.
Would the newspaper ink run on the fleece or coroplast when wet?
Any other comment/advice would be great!

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Newspaper is not absorbant. Consider towels but it still smells.

laura220

Cavy Slave
I have two of those same Pooch Pads but I have yet to try them in a cage.

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
RustBottum said:
ya i am planing on using the carpet mats on the upper level and i think i am going to use newspaper under the fleece on the bottom level and change it when it gets wet. The washable puppy pads i bought i didn't really like so i am most likely returning them.
Would the newspaper ink run on the fleece or coroplast when wet?
Any other comment/advice would be great!
I use newpaper then fleece and I love it. The ink doesn't run onto anything and I clean teh cage about every 3 days with one pig.

RustBottum

Cavy Slave
Ok i am going to return the puppy pads and use newspaper.
Eventrocker- how many layers of newspaper do you use??
Laura- I don't like the puppy pads becasue after i wahsed them they left a pee stain and they still kind of smelled. They may work better for you though!

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
Rustbottom-I'm not sure what you mean by layers. But if you mean sheets then I probably use about 5, sometimes more sometimes less. I put more in the corners though because that is where my pig likes to pee. I usually end up using 3 newpapers for my whole cage..look at my pics.

RustBottum

Cavy Slave
ok thanks just one more question, do you change the wet newspaper every day? I was thinking of doing this so it doesn't smell as bad

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
No, I change it every 3 days. But it depends on how many guinea pig/s you have and I only have one so you might have to change it more.

RustBottum

Cavy Slave
i only have 1 piggie also.i just changed his cages and i put newspaper in to try it. I will see if i like it.

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
It works better with fleece. I tried just newspaper for one day but it would get wet in a spot and they would have to walk over it..but with fleece over it the moisture goes right through the fleece so they dont walk on it.

RustBottum

Cavy Slave
ok thank you

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.