Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wash bag?

schavarry

Cavy Slave
Does anybody know where I can find a wash bag like this one: (broken link removed) here in the USA?? Does anyone on here make/sell them? I know I could get a duvet cover - it seems like an expensive purchase just to wash GP bedding...

Thanks for the info!!

*Admins: sorry if this is posted in the wrong section...

I'm sure you can find them places that have "delicates".But I do believe that website ships to the USA. I honestly though don't get why anyone would need one. I use my washer to help get hair and stuff out of my piggies items. I think I'd only use a washer bag if I were washing something else with piggy stuff and didn't want their hair stuck in it.

I'm sure you can find them places that have "delicates".But I do believe that website ships to the USA. I honestly though don't get why anyone would need one. I use my washer to help get hair and stuff out of my piggies items. I think I'd only use a washer bag if I were washing something else with piggy stuff and didn't want their hair stuck in it.

They do ship to the USA but I was looking for something cheaper...

The hair isn't the issue, it's the HAY! I do my best to brush it all off but there's always a bunch left over in my washer and my dryer at the end of laundry day... The dryer isn't such a big issue but it's not good for my washing machine.

They do ship to the USA but I was looking for something cheaper...

The hair isn't the issue, it's the HAY! I do my best to brush it all off but there's always a bunch left over in my washer and my dryer at the end of laundry day... The dryer isn't such a big issue but it's not good for my washing machine.

I take my bedding outside and shake it out. I use a small piece of uhaul padding to lightly brush off any excess pieces of hay. It works better than a brush.

I take my bedding outside and shake it out. I use a small piece of uhaul padding to lightly brush off any excess pieces of hay. It works better than a brush.

I shake it off outside and then use a rubber brush meant for getting rid of lint and dog hair but I'll try the uhaul pad trick and see if it works!

Anyone else know where I can find a wash bag if this doesn't work??

i make and sell them, i am unsure of shipping costs as i am in the uk, but i can find out if your interested:)

I shake the hay off, and then try to vacuum the rest off. And repeat.

I'd say I'd get pretty much 99% of the hay off with this method. Some hay, especailly the really short ones, are really stubborn and wouldn't get off unless I hand pick them off.

Shaking and handvacs!

My concern with washing their bedding in a washing bag is residue. They pee quite a bit, and there needs to be adequate room for water to flow in and out between the fabric to clean everything out. Seems like putting it in a washing bag would not get it as clean, or not rinse the detergent out all the way.

Just make sure to be in the habit of cleaning your lint trap every time you do a load. Little hay pieces sound like a fire hazard.

If you're completely set on using a washer bag, they make some with larger mesh holes. I have one from buying a foldable mesh laundry basket. I think I found it at Walmart for dirt cheap.

Seems like putting it in a washing bag would not get it as clean, or not rinse the detergent out all the way.

Just make sure to be in the habit of cleaning your lint trap every time you do a load. Little hay pieces sound like a fire hazard.

Good point... and I do make sure to clean out the lint trap EVERY time - some times more than once during the cycle because the lint trap gets FULL of fuzz, fur and hay!

I shake it off outside and then use a rubber brush meant for getting rid of lint and dog hair but I'll try the uhaul pad trick and see if it works!

Anyone else know where I can find a wash bag if this doesn't work??

I have a rubber brush, too, but the uhaul pad remnant works better.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.