Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

want to adopt

ang6273

Cavy Slave
I live in North Bay Ontario. I would like to adopt one or preferably two guinea pigs. I do not want to get them from a pet store. I have done a search on petfinder, unfortunately the closest to me was in the GTA and that is over 3 hours away from me. I don't know were else to look in my area. I would appreciate it if anyone has suggestions.

fairysari

Cavy Slave
Sometimes shelters don't put their small animals up online. You could try calling them, or leaving your name letting them know they are looking for guinea pigs. I left my name at a local humane society, and they called me when the pig I was looking for came in (I was looking for a boar and they only had sows).

Some SPCA/Humane Societies the might be closer to you:
Muskoka SPCA - OSPCA Muskoka Branch
North Bay Humane Society - North Bay and District Humane Society / About NBDHS
Parry Sound SPCA - Ontario SPCA Parry Sound Branch
Petawawa SPCA - OSPCA - Renfrew County Branch - Home

There is also a rescue in the GTA that might be able to meet you part way, or you could try to arrange a piggy train. Guinea Pigs R Us

naturestee

Cavy Slave
This is a BC rescue but you might find people willing to transport:
Home

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
I don't think anyone would ever be willing to transport pigs from BC to Ontario, that's be like transporting pigs from California to Florida. There are plenty of homeless pigs in Ontario, you might have to look into meeting someone halfway, or just be patient and keep checking all those places fairysari suggested.

naturestee

Cavy Slave
You'd be surprised. I've helped transport a rabbit from Wisconsin to New Hampshire, and I know someone else who had a rabbit in California that was in dire need flown out to her in Connecticut. Why not a guinea pig?:)

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Alright you got me there, but for the sake of argument, there are TONS of piggies in Ontario, so easier to access than BC.

ang6273

Cavy Slave
It's a girl!!! Her name is princess. We just adopted a one year old guinea pig locally. I found out about her from a friend. The family had to find a new home for her because of allergies. She is very sweet.

Thank you for all of the suggestions.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.