Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Want to adopt 2 piggies in Houston, TX area

Michellekpf

Cavy Slave
Hi -

My family wants to adopt two piggies. Hopefully, a bonded pair.

We are't picky about color, but we are partial to the fuzzy coat types (Teddys and Abyssinians).

We are located in the Houston, TX area. If you have Guinea Pigs available, or know of someone who does, please contact me. I would appreciate it.

This is a family Christmas gift so we'd like to bring our babies home by the Holiday if possible.

Thank you!
Michelle

breezy2

Cavy Slave
You might want to call your local area shelters even if petfinder does not list anything. I waited for about a month trying to find one on petfinder and then I finally called our SPCA. They had none listed but actually had 4 at the shelter.

Michellekpf

Cavy Slave

Yes, but the rescues I've found online are quite a distance from me. The nearest one being a 3 hour drive one way.

I did find a shelter that lists a mom and four babies, but they don't return my calls or emails. The shelter is 2 hours away. It is a volunteer organization so I'm not even sure if I drove all the way there if there would be anyone to show me the piggies.

I posted the ad here hoping that maybe someone knew of a rescue near Houston that I was missing. If I can't find one, I'll make the drive to the rescue.

Michellekpf

Cavy Slave
You might want to call your local area shelters even if petfinder does not list anything. I waited for about a month trying to find one on petfinder and then I finally called our SPCA. They had none listed but actually had 4 at the shelter.

Really? Thanks! I didn't think about them not listing them. I'll give the shelters around me a call and see what they have.