Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Want to adopt 2-3 in Tucson area

sloansmom

Cavy Slave
Hi, I am looking to adopt a pair or a trio in the Tucson, AZ area. It looks like the closest rescue is in Glendale, which is really far from me. I've checked Craigslist and Petfinder Classifieds and contacted somebody about a trio in Phoenix, but have not heard back. I called the Humane Society, and they have a few available for adoption, however I will probably need about 2 more weeks to get a cage built and food ordered and delivered. Please contact me if you have any leads on adoptables in my area. I am willing and able to provide a large cage, good food and hay, plenty of veggies, and most importantly lost of love and attention. I WILL NOT buy from a pet store. I have never bought a pet and will not start now. Rescue and adoption are the only way to go.

sloansmom

Cavy Slave
I found some pigs to adopt! The rescue lady will be doing home check/deliver this weekend.

janetangel

Cavy Slave
Hi,
Glad you found a place to adopt. I am also in Tucson, AZ. I adopted my first two piggies from the Humane Society and two from someone local who needed to rehome. The two from the Humane Society were 5.00 each with a free vet visit. I took them to Northwest Pet Clinic at
520-742-4148 • 252 W Ina Rd # 100, Tucson,AZ 85704 Evans, Randall DVM. Dr Evans is a really good piggie vet. I really like him.
There is another Tucsonian who is also a member, it is suzilovespiggie. Her and I get together here and there and try to share food since it is difficult to get good pellets here in Tucson. If it becomes of interest to you too, PM me and maybe we can all split the costs on some orders.
I also got some neat stuff from Critterstore.com. There are a few feed stores that sell some fun stuff too and also timothy hay in bales.
Goodluck to you and adopting your piggies. They are super wonderful pets and you found the perfect site for information.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I'm curious. Who is the rescue lady? Does she have a piggie rescue in Tucson? I have searched in this area and It has been so hard finding piggies, other than the Humane Society when they have them.

I have a 50lb bag of KM timothy pellets coming in on Weds. the 11th.

sloansmom

Cavy Slave
The rescue lady is with Louie's House rescue here in Willcox, but she does not usually have piggies. She said that she does not see them very often in this area and it is very hard to find adoptables. I know that she has many rats, mice and hamsters for adoption, though. I believe she moved here a while ago from Apache Junction.

janetangel

Cavy Slave
Let us know when you get your piggies. If you need anything we can help you out here in Tucson.

sloansmom

Cavy Slave
Thanks! She will be bringing them tomorrow afternoon. I just ordered some KM timothy and pellets.