Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Puberty Vitamin C

ckidder

Cavy Slave
How do most people give their piggies Vitamin C? Autumn and Sherlock love oranges and green veggies but Squeakers doesn't like oranges but like greens and other veggies with fruit too. Is this ok, or more I need to do?

Just feed him 1/8 of a bell pepper each day and he'll have his daily dose of vitamin C.

Just feed him 1/8 of a bell pepper each day and he'll have his daily dose of vitamin C.

Green, red, yellow, or orange?

Green, red, yellow, or orange?

They're all high in vitamin C but it's best to feed the green more often because the yellow, orange and red are higher in sugar.

So bell pepper huh? I never really thought of trying that with them. See a long time ago when I had my first pig they never really talked that much about care and all. Plus there was no Internet either. Anyway I never worried about vitamin C. And patches lived a long life too. But now with all the info that is out there I want to do what's right with them.

If you can't get them to eat peppers and you're concerned they aren't getting enough vitamin C, you can use a pill crusher to crush human 100% vitamin C tablets (that have no other ingredients) and sprinkle a bit on some moist veggies.

Lol I did not mean for the topic to say puberty I thought I put it under general. Oops :)

I will try the green bell peppers first. So should I not do oranges every day?

Fruit should just be an occasional treat. The sugar in it upsets the chemical balance in their digestive tracts. Bell peppers are a great way to give them vitamin C.

Ok thanks. I will do the bell pepper. It's about time to go grocery shopping for the piggies anyway.

Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.