Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nutrition Vit C opinion

acemartini

Cavy Slave
I need some opinions.... I am going on vacation for a week. I have someone coming in every other day to take care of the piggies. They will have plenty of hay & pellets to last 2 days. My question is about their veggies & Vit C. I currently give them 1/2 a vit C tablet per day with mixed veggies at night. I am trying to figure out the best way for them to get their C without over or underdosing them. I was thinking a full tablet every other day with lots of veggies. But I am worried that it will be too much all at once. I have noticed they don't seem to stop eating when they get full....:D Any ideas?? Thanks!

This is my opinion only, but I wouldn't worry about even giving it. Missing a week's worth of vitamin C isn't going to hurt them, assuming they weren't C deficient in the first place. If they're getting a cup of good veggies per day, they probably don't even need it at all. My two don't take it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.