Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Vet visit !!

southernfury

Cavy Slave
Well our 3 lil girls had their Vet visit Thursday. Coconut does have a URI...Reeses has a start of one...And Mocha is healthy as a horse. The vet did put them on some meds to help them get over their Uri..!! They all still eat and play like crazy..so it hasn't got to the point of them stoppin their eating or drinking, I hope we caught this early enough to help them fully get over it.
They did good on the car ride...but they didn't know what to think of the vet. Coconut did real good..she let the vet do what ever she needed to check her out...She weighs 1 lb. (she doesn't seem like she weighs that much, she feels so light to me...) Mocha was good until it was time to take the temp...she wasn't having any of that..!! Mocha weighs a lil over 2 lbs..she is a healthy lil girl. We did notice a lil dandruff...vet checked for mites and it came back clean...she said it might because of the air being so dry. I will keep a eye on her to see if it get worse. Reeses wasn't having any of it at all..!! She didn't want to be weighed, picked up, or temp check. She is a fighter..!! But she has always been that way....she doesn't like to be held even at home, she still bites and tries to find every way to get back to the floor. She will bite on anything that gets in her way. I wish she would stop, cause i really want her to bond and cuddle with us. I hoping it is because she is young and that she will grow out of it..*fingers crossed* She is a very curious and smart lil girl...she has to nibble on everything, she doesn't mind crawling and checking us out if we are laying on the floor w/ them. but being held is a No go !! She has even figured out what room has their cage in it...she will go to my son's door and start talking when she wants to go back to their cage for bed time...(very smart lil girl) We do floor time in our hall way because there is nothing in there that could hurt them. But around 10pm every night..she will start tellin us it's bed time..!! :)

Well just wanted to give a up date on the Vet visit..!! I hope everyone elses piggies are doin wonderfully !! * LUV THE PIGGIES*

With the medicine your piggies should clear up in no time. Glad things worked out ok.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.