Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vet Price

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
How much does the average visit to an exotic vet cost, and how often do you take your cavy in for regular check ups?

ca-Na
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

beccapooka

Cavy Slave
loves2travel said:
How much does the average visit to an exotic vet cost, and how often do you take your cavy in for regular check ups?
I took my girls to the vet when I first got them to verify that they were healthy (and girls!) It was $32 each, but she gave me a discount because I have 2 GPs and I paid a total of $40.

I weigh them weekly and pay close attention to their personalities/behavior. They are also little lap piggies, so I feel like I spend enough time with them that I will notice if something is 'off.' I will return to the vet if I have any indication that something is wrong.

Rebecca

cornhill

Cavy Slave
vet cost

loves2travel said:
My cost usually, 30.00. I take my pigs in every 2 months for check ups and nail clips, etc.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
i'm thinking of doing all the nail clipping and basic stuff myself. Other than if i notice a problem, do you think that annual check-ups would be ok?

cornhill

Cavy Slave
check ups

loves2travel said:
i'm thinking of doing all the nail clipping and basic stuff myself. Other than if i notice a problem, do you think that annual check-ups would be ok?
That would be your choice, but I prefer the Vet to do the nail clipping, and besides that, they get their teeth checked and ears cleaned, weight checked, respitory checked and just a good clean bill of health.
I read too many post on here where some people don't really take care of their Gp's, and it makes me sad. So I'm going to continue to take my piggies to the Vet every other month.
Didn't mean to ramble on. Good luck.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.