Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Very very heavily pregnant sow help.

Alybear

Cavy Slave
Hey guys.
My sow Emma is extremely close to labor and i'm so worried about her
because this is her 3rd litter. (I BOUGHT HER PREGNANT TWO WEEKS AGO FULLY AWARE ONLY BECAUSE I WANTED HER TO HAVE A GOOD HOME NOT GO TO SOMEONE WHO WILL MISTREAT HER).
Anyway back to the point.
She is eating and drinking like crazy and not moving much at all.
Last night when i was sitting with her (about 13 hours ago) she ran around squealing a few times then circled a little spot in the corner about 15-25 times then went to her food again. She's laying down all the time, i can hear and see the pups in her big belly, her vagina is swollen/nipples longer AND her pelvis is seperated about an inch.
How long do you guys think birth is from? I'm so worried about my babygirl.:sad: Very very heavily pregnant sow help.Her before i got her, she is so big now she drags her belly and bottom on the ground.

Labor usually comes within 48 hours of pelvic separation, but it can take up to a week or so.

That's what i'm confused about her pelvis began seperating about 4 days ago, today being the 5th. i'm assuming she's very close though.

Aww poor baby. I'm glad you're taking good care of her!

She gets star treatment haha :)

Keep us all updated! Hoping all goes well!

Goodness she is adorable! I love her little extra toe. Does she have an extra toe on each back foot or just one?

I can't wait to see her babies. :)

Goodness she is adorable! I love her little extra toe. Does she have an extra toe on each back foot or just one?

I can't wait to see her babies. :)
there supposed to have 4 toes ....on there back feet

I didn't even see the extra toe! What a cutie. I hope all goes well with the birth and babies.

Yeah she does :)
She's such a beautiful girl, so placid and loving so i hope the pups turn out like her.
Also don't worry guy's i have the money and space for the babies and i will NOT be giving them to a pet store/breeder etc. I want the best for her and her pups.

Update: no pups yet but she's gotten bigger overnight and is just nuzzling her food. Her bottom is so pointed and she keeps sitting square butter no contractions. Ill be watching her all night. Ill keep you guys updated.

She is circling the same place sticking her head near her legs (front and back).
Hopefully soon.

Hope all goes well she could have them any time now by the sounds of it.

How did the night go?

Super cute piggy! My momma just gave birth last week. She was doing the same thing as yours is about a week before she finally gave birth. I was super worried about her at first and stayed with her night and day. Then, go figure, the one day I left her alone she had her babies! :) Yours should be coming soon! Good luck! :)

Update: She had her beautiful babies. 7 in total but 1 died sadly. 3 are white and look like their abbysinian father 1 is white and looks like mumma and two are white, chocolate brown and light creamy brown. They're beautiful and Emma is doing very very well:)

So sorry about the one that didn't make it. Seven is a big litter.

Yeah it's huge but everyones doing okay. Pups are all feeding well and mum is eating and drinking properly. That's okay we buried him in a nice little spot

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.