Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Very sad :(

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave
I have been talking to this guy I found off craigslist about possibly adopting a female friend for my girl Carliee. These were the pictures he sent me :( I kinda fell in love with the middle picture of the brown and black crested pig....but I don't know if it is right for me to support this horrible person.
[GuineaPigCages.com] Very sad :([GuineaPigCages.com] Very sad :([GuineaPigCages.com] Very sad :(

Notice under the last pictures the enormous pill of poop :(

Wow what an awful place, that pig is very cute though! Is he a breeder?

He said he wasn't...but after seeing these pictures, especially the last one, I don't believe him.

Is he making you pay for the piggie? Tough call thats for sure but if he is a breeder you don't want to support him. I feel so bad for those little guys :weepy:

Yea he said they were all 30 dollars each. I would be more afraid that they would be unhealthy from how they are kept. I also don't want to support how he cares for these pigs either!!

I hate to say this but I wouldn't buy one from him. I would keep looking. You could maybe go and look to see what his set up is like but it looks like he has a bunch of cages in the background.

He is an hour away...so I wouldn't go unless I was certain I would bring one home. But as sad as I am, I can't support this. It makes me so sad. A part of me wants to rescue her, but that won't fix the bigger problem. Unfortunately nothing will.

I know how you feel. I can't go into any pet store now and look at the guinea pigs because it breaks my heart to have to leave them there. I would report this guy to the SPCA. That is disgusting conditions for a guinea pig to be living in.

Disgusting! How horrible. I wish I were closer. I'd be tempted to arrange a little "borrowing without permission" of some of those pigs.

I would stay far far away from this person. Don't give them any of your money. If they are charging $30/pig they are definitely making money off of them. And it doesn't look like this guy ever takes any of his animals to a vet. Scum.

I might do just that! I saw a piggy in my local Pet Supermarket a couple days ago with and saw two pigs with a huge fungus infection. They didn't care when I pointed it out.

This is horrible, their poor feet!!!!!

Definitely report.

some peope are just so uneducated, i dont know how he could keep any animal in those conditions, he just doesnt care.

And yet I as well as everyone else here wants to go save these poor critters. :(

He knows what he is doing...he just doesn't care. All he wants is money. I don't know what to do. I want her, but I don't want to support him.

I'm with you -- my instinct is to go in and grab all of the piggies and let him come try to find me. I'm sure he thinks he's a responsible breeder and sees nothing wrong with what he is doing.

Definitely report him to SPCA or animal control. If they don't do anything, the pigs aren't in any worse situation than they are now. If the authorities respond, maybe a site visit will at least give him an ulcer for a day.

I'd take pictures of the fungal infection of the piggies at the Pet Supermarket, too. Send them to management or corporate and ask them how they'd like their customers to know that they are selling "damaged goods," so to speak. They aren't going to care about the pigs, obviously, but if they are known to sell "inferior product," that might get their attention.

Can we flag the guy's craig's list ad?

That's sad, those guiniea pigs should be kept in WAY better conditions. :'(

I just came back from Pet Supermarket, because I was going to do exactly what you said. All of them had been adopted out! How awful is that. I bet their new owners have no idea what is wrong with them, and they will suffer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.