Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nutrition veggie/Vitamin C

piggiepie57

Cavy Slave
I Have been doing some research about the nutrition of different vegetables to try and figure out what to grow for my piggies and i have noticed that every veggie that i have looked into has vitamin C in it. I was under the impression that only certain veggies had it. Douse this mean that as long as your giving your piggies there daily veggies they should be OK as far as vitamin c is concerned or do I still need to be giving them a certain amount of veggies daily that are considered high in vitamin C. the reason I ask is i found this on Ebay ( (broken link removed) ) I was going to order it so i can grow my own spring mix for them.

They need a certain amount of vitamin C a day, as well as variety in their diet. Bell peppers and cilantro are safe for daily consumption due to their low calcium, and provide lots of C. So you get variety in their diet as well as assurance they're getting enough vitamin C. Oh, and those two items are incredibly cheap. Bonus.

Just my thoughts.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.