Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Vegetarian Horror Stories!

skittyginny

Cavy Slave
Accidents happen, share your experiences of accidentally eating/almost eating meat!

I was eating potato soup last fall and I found little chunks of bacon in it! :sick:
They told me it didn't have meat in it! People thought I was dying because I was making dreadful chocking noises. :eye-poppi I was so traumatized by the experience. :weepy: I could totally sue. :sarcastic

One time, I ordered a cheese pizza but there was ham hidden in it and I didn't see it in the pizza, so I put it in my mouth. I almost ate meat. But technically I didn't because I didn't swallow. I spit it out. :yuck:

The week I decided to become a vegetarian when I was twelve, I ate curry chicken salad. :eek: oops..

People who aren't vegetarians think I'm overreacting and they think I'm crazy. I wonder why anyone would think that.. :crazy:

I hate eggs. If they're cooked in something like a cake, I'm usually okay but if I see them or taste them, I really gag. I can relate to finding something in food that you're told isn't there. I always ask about eggs when I go to restaurants or before I eat something and it seems like people say they're not in there when they are. They're really repulsive to me.

There aren't that many fast food options for vegetarians, so the one item I always got was the fresco bean burrito from Taco Bell. No meat or cheese, just beans, tomatos, and some green stuff that I believe was cilantro. About a month ago, I ordered one that had a single chunk of beef in it. I threw it out. I wasn't hungry after that.

I can't even count the times I've been given stuff filled with meat and asked to just pick the meat out. I try not to let it get to me, because people are just trying to be helpful, but it does get old really fast. And meat broth. No one thinks I'll care if they feed me meat broth. :sarcastic

There aren't that many fast food options for vegetarians, so the one item I always got was the fresco bean burrito from Taco Bell.

I go to Taco Bell! Well, the drive-thru anyway. I get plain nachos. ^.^

There was a lady who went to Olive Garden and she asked if a soup was vegetarian, they said yes. So later she was eating it, thinking it was vegetarian and another waiter told her that is had a meat broth. She freaked out.

One of my grandmothers makes homemade perogies (which is a Ukrainian dish), and she knows I'm a vegetarian so she usually gives me the cheese and potato stuffed ones whereas they can also contain meat and onions (two things I despise!). So anyways, we usually freeze a bag of them and then cook them when we feel like it. One day I pulled out a bag, cooked a bunch and bit into one only to discover it was filled with some sort of meat (pork or bacon I believe). It was disgusting, I had to spit it back out and it had a horrible smokey taste to it. She claims she gave me the wrong bag yet she's been pushing meat on me for years so I don't know...sneaky grandma haha

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.