Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Varnished Hardwood Floors

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
Some time ago, before we realized we would be getting guinea pigs, my husband varnished our extra room, the room I now plan on putting the piggies in.

My concern now is floor time. He won't sand the floor or put carpeting down, which I can understand, but I don't want piggies getting sick from the chemicals on the floor. I had planned on giving them the run of the room. Now I'm not so sure what I can do about floor time. Help!

You could put shower curtain and blankets or towels down (also helps protect your wood floor).

You could make a Fleece liner like a lot of people use for their cages. If you want to totally protect your floor though, you might want to give them a pen and not free run.

I'm not worried about the floor as much as I'm worried about piggies getting sick from the chemicals, but your ideas are great. Thanks! :D

Yup just some towels and the like should do fine if you are going to use them just for floor time! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.