Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Vacation???

abyssinianpiggy

Cavy Slave
My family and i are going camping.
My parents dont want to spend money on pigsitters.
They decided to mabey take my piggys camping too.
After all, we cant do anything else.
Any suggestions? How might my gpigs respond to
The trip? Will they catch parasites? Mosquitoe bites?

How long are you going camping for? If its only for the weekend you can probably just leave them be (ducks from rage storm). Make sure they have a clean cage and give them plenty of fresh hay and pellets. Also putting in some extra water bottles will help. The hard part is the fresh veggies.

I would not take them camping with you. There are too many things that could happen, and it's doubtful you would have a cage large enough for them.

If you are only leaving for one night, the pigs should be fine. If you will be longer, surely you can find a neighbor or relative to take care of them?

Isn't there someone who could come in to look after them? Maybe in exchange for your family pet/house/garden sitting for them?

I wouldn't take pigs camping unless I was going in an air conditioned motor home.

Are you old enough to possibly be left alone at home? Perhaps you could skip out on the camping trip for your piggies if you absolutely can't get anyone to pig-sit?

I would leave them home for the weekend over taking them camping. Is there a neighbor that could just poke their head in once a day to check on them? If it is only for a weekend extra food bowls and water bottles, lots and lots of hay and a clean cage before you leave and they will more than likely be just fine when you return.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.