Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Updates on Elephant and Dulce

CrazyMom

Cavy Slave
Hello again! I have been away for awhile so I wanted to give you all an update on Dulce and Elephant. They were introduced last week and are doing wonderfully. They still chatter a lot and Ducle rummblestruts but that is the extent of it. Elephant seems to have doubled in size since when we got her. I forgot how active young ones were. Dulce is around 4 so she spends most of her day hunkered down some where (usually as close to food as possible). But Elephant is all over the place. We had to block off the end of the hay rack because she was jumping in there.

I had a question about lap time/ bonding. Is lap time more for us than them? Do they gain any benefit from it? Elephant seemingly doesn't care, and Ducle seems to hate it. If it does not give them any benefit it is all the same to me if they just have floor time and cage time. I don't really "sit" much. Of course I would find time if it is needed.

I personally think its very important. However if he doesnt like it then maybe just needs time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.