Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Update on Pet Supplies Plus

MCR_Rox

Cavy Slave
I made a blog entry in April about the mistreatment of the guinea pigs in Pet Supplies Plus. Someone made a comment about it, and said that the reason why the guinea pig was losing its fur was due to an allergic reaction to the bedding. They also said that the Humane Society checked the store, and said that all of the pets were healthy. I'm a bit skeptical, though, because after the guinea pig who I thought had mange was put into the not for sale tank, I saw a guinea pig excessively itching. Also, their guinea pigs might been sick before, but I don't know if it was before the Humane Society checked on the store or not. I am going to e-mail the Humane Society ( hopefully they'll reply,) and ask for some updates. I'm worried the person is lying, and that the Humane Society did find stuff wrong or something.

Here is the link to the blog post:
Pet Store Truth | The Reality of Pet Stores.

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
the link won't work for me :(

I would hesitate to guess that 99.9 % of 'bedding allergy piggies' have active, and untreated mites.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
Go get 'em Landhermie. I trust your judgement.

MCR_Rox

Cavy Slave
I just e-mailed PETA about it to see if they can do anything. I have a feeling that the Humane Society isn't responding to my e-mails, because I haven't been getting a reply from them.

MCR_Rox

Cavy Slave
I have a predictable update on PPS. I had to get cat food, and had to go there. The guinea pig was losing hair and also had HORRIBLE dandruff. Doesn't sound like an allergy, does it? The petition is ON! Also, it is NO LONGER BEING TREATED.

guineapigfan9000

Cavy Slave
I've never heard of a guinea pig with a skin allergy. The only allergies in guinea pigs I've ever experienced is that one of mine sometimes sneezes a little when she's around full-colour newspaper pages, from the newsprint.
Definitely mites I'd say. Go for it Landhermie!

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
Personally I think it is silly to be starting petitions while spending your money there. Petitions mean nothing if you are helping keep them in business by buying things.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.