Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Update on my babies

moosey2002

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to post an update on the two remaining orphans I've been caring for. They are 2 weeks 4 days old today and still doing well. I'm thinking the antibiotics seem to be helping valentine with that pneumonia she had as she is growing like a weed and still active and eating. She has gained weight and has gone from 108gm a week ago to 150 gm yesterday. Angel is still pretty small, but eating well. She has gone form 84gm last Saturday to 101 yesterday. They still aren't drinking from the water bottle at all, or from the bowl I put in there, but the vet said not to worry too much about that yet since they are getting fresh veggies everyday?? The bigger baby (Valentine) is getting much more independent every day. I put the ramp back in their cage and it likes to run up and down and check out the upstairs often. The small one (Angel) still is very much attached to her nanny-pig and freaks whenever she is out of sight. Im still a nervous wreck waiting for another one to drop off for no obvious reason, but so far so good. Im hoping these antibiotics will help give them a boost until their own immune systems catch up. They have been more elusive for photos, but here is one that shows Valentines lips and how they are half black and half white...soooo cute! [GuineaPigCages.com] Update on my babiesI still have no clue if these two are boys or girls.

She (or he) is indeed very cute :) I was wondering about these little ones recently. I'm glad to hear that they are doing well! You are such a caring and dedicated guardian :tearsofjo

She (or he) is indeed very cute :) I was wondering about these little ones recently. I'm glad to hear that they are doing well! You are such a caring and dedicated guardian :tearsofjo
Thanks :) (The kids are calling them both girls so Im used to saying "she")

[GuineaPigCages.com] Update on my babies
this is Angel. Its hard to see here, but her one nostrils white, and the other black. I thinks its funny how they both are uniquely marked like that :)

:) They are both VERY cute! And I totally ageee with Frapplove! You sound like a great guardian for these adorable little piggies!

They're precious!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.