Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Update on Charlie

charliespet

Cavy Slave
Charlie must be in her 8 or 9th week of pregnancy now, and she is doing well. 2 weeks ago she was very lazy, hardly moving and sometimes even worried me. I moved her to a cooler area of the house, and this last week have been taking her out of her cage only to check her pelvis bones.

Her air sound wheeking that I posted about a few days ago: I have determined that it must just be "her," as she still appears perfectly healthy.

Her babies, I blv that there are two, have now decended down. Before they were higher, nearer her hip bones, and since yesterday I noticed her hip bones are sperated significantly from the uterus sacs, and her belly drags now.

I called the vet and got all the information I need in case of emergency, and attached the number to her cage :) She seems energetic for a pregnant pig...I might make a video later, because she is so different from 2 weeks ago. She is still completely okay with being petted, although she resists handling.

I'm getting very anxious about the birth, and the survival of the babies and mum. As well as expanding the cage or making a new one if the babies are males.

[GuineaPigCages.com] Update on Charlie[GuineaPigCages.com] Update on Charlie[GuineaPigCages.com] Update on Charlie[GuineaPigCages.com] Update on CharlieSome pics of her, I think she is in her 9th week. What do you think?

I don't know much about pregnant piggies but she is very pretty and I'll bet her babies will be too. Looking forward to pics when they arrive. She really doesn't look that big so she may still have a ways to go.

I don't know much about pregnant piggies but she is very pretty and I'll bet her babies will be too. Looking forward to pics when they arrive. She really doesn't look that big so she may still have a ways to go.
Thanks...I am a wreck checking on her and obsessing. Wishing she wasn't pregnant, but also excited and hopeful. I also have been confused by her size, but I guess we will just have to wait and see...;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.