Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Update: 3 lil girls

southernfury

Cavy Slave
Update on our 3 lil girls !!

Reeses..is doing so much better. She is calming down a bit, she does still bite/nip when she gets picked up, she will also try to escape a lil. But it's not as bad as it was. She use to really bite hard. She was treated for mites and a URI. I still have noticed some scratching, but no hair loss. She will allow me to pet her while she is eating. Which is a big step !! We love her to death...she lets the other piggies know when i come into the room, She will wheek her little head off if i do come in, she will wheek when i walk bye and NOT pay any attention to her...She wheek when i am bringing them their grub. She is very vocal...we call her our little drama queen. She has to be center of attention. :)

Coconut is doing good. She was treated for mites, URI, and UTI. (poor girl) But she is now doing much better. She loves chasing the other girls around the cages. She still tries to mount them from time to time, but she is slightly doing that now. She is getting along better with the girls. Which is really good, cause i was worried about that. I'm getting her to trust me, she will come and get food out of my hands, she will eat from me while i hold her lettuce, and she will talk to me when i come in the room. She is a Doll. We call her our little theif....she will actually steal food from the other girls and then she will haul butt to go eat it..LOL !! So she is now our little Thug !!!

Mocha is still chunky as ever. She is our oldest girl and the one we have had the longest. She has been treated for mites & URI. Ohhh and a eye issue, but all of that has cleared up. She is our laid back girl, she always takes it low and slow. I have never seen her get in a hurry over anything. I love having lap time with her, She will sit and let u pet her all over and when she decides she wants down, she will give me little kisses on my hands...it is so cute !! I love when she gives her kisses !!!

All our girls are doing awesome!!
I have noticed that one or all of them has some white pee ( calcium powder) It's light and just a lil powdery, but no real hardness to it. So i need to adjust their diets. Reduce the calcium more. My girls get FRESH grass everyday, unlimited Timothy Hay, pellets, Water, and Fresh Veggies. Our girls are just a little spoiled. I just finished ordering them all their own cuddle cups...They will be super excited !!

Here is a pic of my girls !!!
[GuineaPigCages.com] Update: 3 lil girls[GuineaPigCages.com] Update: 3 lil girls

Attachments

121.jpg
The cage is a c&c 2x5 with a 2x2 loft. The loft was being a pain, so i took it down and added it to the side of the cage, it still is a 2x2 section ( it's their kitchen area). I made a 1x2 loft for their sleeping area..they luv it.! This summer i plan to lift the cage up and make it a 3x5 with the 1x2 loft, but i plan to make a ramp goin down to the floor so they can have floor time during the day.

Those pigtures are great....nice work!!! Did you take them yourself? Your piggies are adorable.

Those pigtures are great....nice work!!! Did you take them yourself? Your piggies are adorable.

Thank you so much..:) !! Yes i did, actually i took them yesterday. I just laid my camera to ground level and just started clicking...I love how they turned out..!! The one where Reeses and Mocha look like they are fixing to kiss...is when Reeses was trying to steal Mocha's food. It reminded me of the movie " Lady and the Tramp" Thank you @Raine59 for the compliment !!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.