Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Up to 41 grids

CinnandMegsMom

Cavy Slave
:eek:ptimist: Today's yard sales netted me another me another 32 grids. I'm now up to 41 and would like to start my bigger home. Plastic business down the street has 4x8 sheets of coroplast in stock.

I've been looking through pictures for ideas and have a question.

If your cage is on a table or on the floor do you have grids under the coroplast on the bottom level?

I have a vinyl covered sheet of plywood under my cage, which I made from white wire shelving for strength. If you put grids under the base, it makes the cage more sturdy. My cage is on a table, so it's easier to clean and watch the piggies.

Score!!! Nice find! I have mine on a grid base.. With supports grids so it doesn't sway side to side when I sit in it to sweep and scrub ;-) [GuineaPigCages.com] Up to 41 grids

That's entirely up to you, if the bottom already has support.

On occassion, I have noticed that grids without a base to support the rectangle shape can be moved and contorted a bit, so I'd suggest grids on the bottom if it's on a table? I haven't ever actually used a table though.
And sometimes when the grids do shift like I was saying, that gives the coroplast more room to bend and whatnot, possibly staying in an odd bent shape forever, and can only be help back up by touching the grids.
?

Score!!! Nice find! I have mine on a grid base.. With supports grids so it doesn't sway side to side when I sit in it to sweep and scrub ;-)View attachment 27740
I love this cage! This is what I want mine to look like someday! How did you make your ramp? do you have anything under the fleece besides coroplast?

I love this cage! This is what I want mine to look like someday! How did you make your ramp? do you have anything under the fleece besides coroplast?

Thank you! I'm proud of it :) my ramp is 4 grids.. Two cut and 2 rounded.. There is a piece of coroplast under my fleece and I make a cover to go over the coro.. So I can remove to wash and it matches too! Under all my fleece I have uhaul pads and grids :) I can stand in it.. Although I try not to..lol

Yea! Another guinea lover that covets Peewee's set up! It really is beautiful. Lucky Piggies.

Aww.. Thanks 😊 nothin like too much time on my hands.. Lol

Thank you for all your help in this area. I have a table that is 2x4 that I was thinking of using. Not really that much bigger from what they have now and they are growing. I would really like to get at least the first level a 3x5. Ok, PeeWeeSteph count your grids. How many do you have?

Umm.. A lot... Lol I'll try and figure it out..

I have mine on a table, it's a 2x6 with a 2x1 loft. It does not have cubes as a base and I wish it did. It definitely feels less sturdy...I may add a base to it soon, now that Im thinking about it :)

Ok.. I have a grand total of 87!! Holy wallet batman! You can do it with 82.. I added the ramp grids i used.. Which was 4.. I have 5 grids that I used for no puppies allowed side.. Please don't tell my husband..lol jK he is the one who brought them home for me ;-)[GuineaPigCages.com] Up to 41 gridshere is the green :)

Ok.. I have a grand total of 87!! Holy wallet batman! You can do it with 82.. I added the ramp grids i used.. Which was 4.. I have 5 grids that I used for no puppies allowed side.. Please don't tell my husband..lol jK he is the one who brought them home for me ;-)View attachment 27748here is the green :)

K got it and doing the math. Yuck. 3x5 and laying out grids. ITS HUGE! LOL

K got it and doing the math. Yuck. 3x5 and laying out grids. ITS HUGE! LOL

Yeah..not small..lol nothing like having a twin bed in your living room..! I love it though.. It is not in the way and my piggies wheel when we walk by.. Very spoiled lil lady piggies!

Ok.. I have a grand total of 87!! Holy wallet batman! You can do it with 82.. I added the ramp grids i used.. Which was 4.. I have 5 grids that I used for no puppies allowed side.. Please don't tell my husband..lol jK he is the one who brought them home for me ;-)View attachment 27748here is the green :)

I love the piggy standing on his back legs to get some hay. hehe Cute! :)

Yep! Holy wallet and please don't tell. I may downsize to a 3x4 and work on the rest. I would just like to get my girls out of the 2.8x4.3 that they are in.

I love the piggy standing on his back legs to get some hay. hehe Cute! :)

That's my Lola.. She likes the fresh stuff on the top? Cracks me up! My Sophie girl and Maggie(who always get down when I get my phone to snap a photo) do it too! [GuineaPigCages.com] Up to 41 grids[GuineaPigCages.com] Up to 41 grids

Attachments

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338584144.275135.jpg
Yep! Holy wallet and please don't tell. I may downsize to a 3x4 and work on the rest. I would just like to get my girls out of the 2.8x4.3 that they are in.

I started with the 2x4.. Knowing I was going to expand.. So I placed my plastic connectors knowing.. Zip tie like crazy! Don't use the tiny ones.. You will be glad you did :) can't wait to see!, share your progress please!

K, will do Steph. Got two 4x8 sheets of coro down the street. He stuffed them into my humble SUV and I'm saying out loud; "Holy Cow they are bigger than I imagined." He took one sheet out thinking I would be happy...Sorry Mr. Salesman, I'm here and in the future I will "need" it so put it back in. The look on his face! Grumble, grumble, dang women!
Have a 3x4 zipped together. Oh My! I can sleep in this space.

K, will do Steph. Got two 4x8 sheets of coro down the street. He stuffed them into my humble SUV and I'm saying out loud; "Holy Cow they are bigger than I imagined." He took one sheet out thinking I would be happy...Sorry Mr. Salesman, I'm here and in the future I will "need" it so put it back in. The look on his face! Grumble, grumble, dang women!
Have a 3x4 zipped together. Oh My! I can sleep in this space.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.