Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Hair Loss uh-oh - just noticed this!!

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
i've read alot of the posts here about bald spots and hair loss, and i know that bald spots behind the ears are normal. but i just noticed tonight that my 7 month old boy jerry has a bald spot behind his right ear that's alot larger than the one on the other side. it's also larger than i remember it being. the skin is intat, soft, no sign of scab, irritation, weepy, etc. he's currently being treated for mites with revolution. he's not scratching at it, and when i touch it it doesn't seem painful. he's alone in a 2X4 (due to fighting with the other 2 pigs). any ideas what might be going on? sorry - i'd post a picture if i could but i'm not tech savvy.

As long as he's being treated for mites, I'd wait it out. It's possible that he did have a larger bald spot behind that ear before.

If it starts to look scaly or itchy, it's possible it's fungal in nature.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.